Thread Tools
Jan 25, 2013, 04:55 AM
Official Old Git!
Thread OP
Cool

Star trek is getting closer...


http://uk.news.yahoo.com/star-trek-t...011627357.html

Waiting for the transporter beam...
Jan 25, 2013, 08:07 AM
Restful User
Jacques Flambeau's Avatar
Well, I use a small flip-open cell phone, and it seems like an early StarTrek Communicator. Sometimes I almost answer my cell phone with a "flip--Kirk Here...".

And in other UK.Yahoo news...

Quote:
"Cleaning fairy" arrested after shovelling snow without permission

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - The Ohio woman dubbed "the cleaning fairy" by local media because she broke into a home and cleaned it without permission, was arrested on Tuesday after police found her shovelling snow from a driveway without the owner's consent, police said...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cleaning-fa...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3


What an odd story...

--Bill
Jan 25, 2013, 08:44 AM
supreme being of leisure
ZAGNUT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
Well, I use a small flip-open cell phone, and it seems like an early StarTrek Communicator. Sometimes I almost answer my cell phone with a "flip--Kirk Here...".


--Bill
remember the motorola starTAC? it even flipped open in the same direction as the original communicator. never seen any proof but i've always considered the name they gave it as a tribute/nod to star trek.
Jan 25, 2013, 09:05 AM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGNUT
remember the motorola starTAC? it even flipped open in the same direction as the original communicator. never seen any proof but i've always considered the name they gave it as a tribute/nod to star trek.
The thing that stuck out of Uhurs'a ear, Bluetooth, Ipads started in the first ST series. Now, please get working on the holodeck.
Jan 25, 2013, 09:41 AM
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Dead link-must have beamed out.
Jan 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
Well, I use a small flip-open cell phone, and it seems like an early StarTrek Communicator. Sometimes I almost answer my cell phone with a "flip--Kirk Here...".

And in other UK.Yahoo news...





What an odd story...

--Bill
Only in my home town, where the river used to burn.
Jan 25, 2013, 09:45 AM
Flower of Scotland
Dusty1000's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
Dead link-must have beamed out.
Works for me. Perhaps they were changing the bulb.

Dusty
Jan 25, 2013, 10:58 AM
Registered User
downunder's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
Well, I use a small flip-open cell phone, and it seems like an early StarTrek Communicator.
William Shatner played a lawyer in Boston Legal and in one episode his mobile phone rings. When he flipped it open it made the communicator sound . There were quite a few Star Trek references made throughout the series but the funniest one to me was when Shatner and his lawyer friend were discussing a parasite that was attacking salmon. The parasite would grab hold of the fish as they swam past and his friend told him they were known locally as cling-ons. The horrified look on Shatner's face had me ROTFL .
Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 AM
The new cat
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
Well, I use a small flip-open cell phone, and it seems like an early StarTrek Communicator. Sometimes I almost answer my cell phone with a "flip--Kirk Here...".

And in other UK.Yahoo news...





What an odd story...

--Bill
Who is crazier... the lady doing a service from the kindness of her heart or the guy that complains because someone shoveled the snow off his drive...

Next time it snows send her here, We will give here breakfast and an cash.
Latest blog entry: The New Cat
Jan 25, 2013, 11:43 AM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
That is probably Jesus here to judge us.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:45 AM
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Who is crazier... the lady doing a service from the kindness of her heart or the guy that complains because someone shoveled the snow off his drive...

Next time it snows send her here, We will give here breakfast and an cash.
Reminds me of good samaritans being sued for saving someone's life, but causing some small injury in the process. Like breaking someone's rib during CPR.

We are really in shambles as a nation. I have to say I am always amazed that there are people still willing to fight and die to protect America. I wouldn't lift a finger to protect what we have become. I wonder what the 86-100+ year old veterans of WWII must feel like? Watching so many friends die. For what? To see us adopt the same government of those we were fighting. Should have just cut out the middle man and let the fascist socialist regime win. Would have saved alot of money, blood and time.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 AM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Reminds me of good samaritans being sued for saving someone's life, but causing some small injury in the process. Like breaking someone's rib during CPR.

We are really in shambles as a nation. I have to say I am always amazed that there are people still willing to fight and die to protect America. I wouldn't lift a finger to protect what we have become. I wonder what the 86-100+ year old veterans of WWII must feel like? Watching so many friends die. For what? To see us adopt the same government of those we were fighting. Should have just cut out the middle man and let the fascist socialist regime win. Would have saved alot of money, blood and time.
My farther would be extremely unhappy with where America is today. RIP Dad.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
Registered User
Yes, because the US is totally like Nazi Germany...
Jan 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort
Yes, because the US is totally like Nazi Germany...
No not yet. But we are alot closer to it today than 60 years ago. Go ahead and roll your eyes, I don't really care what you think. Reality will set in sooner or later for you. You can come back and apologize.
Jan 25, 2013, 01:54 PM
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
My farther would be extremely unhappy with where America is today. RIP Dad.
Gkve a woman at work an innocuous compliment like "you like nice" and get hauled into HR and written up...so much for chivalry...


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Which Star Trek Character Are You? BE77 Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 64 Jan 07, 2013 10:29 AM
Star Trek fans-Enterprise plans! bipeflyer Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 31 May 10, 2009 02:59 PM
Star Trek...... Alan W Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 Mar 14, 2002 11:10 PM
Here's a Good Laugh for you Star Trek Fans!! mrebman Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Feb 12, 2002 08:14 PM
star trek jones dave morris Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 May 24, 2001 04:51 PM