This thread is privately moderated by ZeroPitch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
What goes up, must come down..
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Blade 130X - Wobbles... FIXED!

Only had my Blade 130X since Christmas, only put about a dozen flights on her so far, but have had a significant problem since almost day one: after just about any hard move and return to hover, she would start shaking like a wet dog. Wobbling and wagging around the cyclic, until I hit an abrupt stick movement when it would smooth out, most of the time returning to a wobble after a few seconds.

At first, I thought it was just the gain set too high at the factory, so lowered a couple points. No change. Next, I figured I had bent the feathering shaft and the blades would go out of track. Nope, checked that too.

Turns out, it was pretty simple. The linear servos have a gear on the bottom of a shaft. One of the gears was not fully seated, so there was about 1mm of play! Removed the main gear, held a blunt object (pliers) on one end of each servo drive shaft, then gently pushed the servo gear until fully seated. Presto! Solid as a ROCK!

Most excellent!
Last edited by ZeroPitch; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2013, 09:57 AM
What goes up, must come down..
Thread OP
Oh too funny... Haven't flown much in 4-5 months due to a crushing work schedule. My B130X was acting up the last time I flew it a month ago, so checked the feathering shaft this morning and it's straight as an arrow. Looked for slop, etc. and found nothing. Did a quick search and started reading this post, thinking... ok, sounds like my problem... that's a good idea... hmmm... who wrote this? Um... that was me, lol!
Dec 24, 2014, 12:12 AM
Insert witty comment here...
Haha thats made me chuckle. A few momths late.

Quick Reply