Jan 25, 2013, 10:46 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
pics of the board as requested (sorry for the mess of wires) I used jumpers as I fear i'm going to to alot of swapping/moving wires as I have absolutely no idea what im doing
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 11:50 PM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape
Thanks LF, I'll give 1.7 a shot. Do you have a link to the completed code? I'm also using 0023, will 0022 work better or does it matter?
Yes, I think it may matter. As I recall Cass had to do quite a bit of work to make the code work for VTOL.

I'm on the road for about two more weeks so I don't have access to my computer with the code I used. I'll search through the f-35 thread and see if cass or I posted it there somwhere.

The code has a lot of cool features. A short list of the extras are:

servo stretching
servo slowing
tilt servo position tracking for controls switch over
lower of flaps and tailerons in hover

Some of the limitations we had in the past were due to the processor used (limited inputs and outputs) and other accommodations in the code for fpv stuff. I noticed the HK fcb (very cheap, $13 including USB adapter) Allows for 6 inputs (instead of only 5) and 8 outputs. I don't know if this would make it easier to adapt the code for the VTOL use??

HK flight control board
Last edited by leadfeather; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:02 AM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
ok cool, don't sweat it though. I found 1.7 under cass's blog but am unsure if it has everything in it for the independent yaw/tilt servos

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1439656
Jan 26, 2013, 12:19 AM
Winging it Ò>
Just went through the F-35 thread. In Oct 2011 I had flight tested 1.8 on the F-35 with good results.
Jan 26, 2013, 03:12 AM
vtol fan
Quote:
sure, i'll get lots of pics of the current one, I may do a assembly guide, although LF pretty much has covered it with his wii F-35

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=384
Hi FT.
Assembly guide,it will be usefull...Maibe i will contact you with PM.
Regards ...

PS:this board also,good price
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/crius-mul...adcopter-.html
Last edited by nadine; Jan 26, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Jan 26, 2013, 08:32 AM
vtol fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Just went through the F-35 thread. In Oct 2011 I had flight tested 1.8 on the F-35 with good results.
Sorry Lead.....
tell me please if is have to be CRIUS mini wii board v1 ,v2 or maibe is ok the board from HK that you link it!?
Regads..
Jan 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
Winging it Ò>
I think either fcb (flight control board) should work fine. I've used the Crius light. I haven't tried the HK board myself at this time.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
MULTI ENGINE FANACTIC
Delicious project -Following, CONGRATS FROM BRAZIL!
Jan 26, 2013, 02:18 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
still stumped at the moment, I can't seem to find out whats causing the error during uploading. The lights on the ardurino flash but the FDTI board only flashes TX for a split second when upload is sent. RX light dosent work. I even tried different arduino boards and different computers and trying a simple blink sketch. I think I may have toasted my FDTI board when re soldering new pins on it. It seems to be a somewhat common problem to get the AVRdude error while google'ing it. Got a new one coming in the mail.
Jan 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
Will fly for food
Quote:
still stumped at the moment, I can't seem to find out whats causing the error during uploading. The lights on the ardurino flash but the FDTI board only flashes TX for a split second when upload is sent. RX light dosent work. I even tried different arduino boards and different computers and trying a simple blink sketch. I think I may have toasted my FDTI board when re soldering new pins on it. It seems to be a somewhat common problem to get the AVRdude error while google'ing it. Got a new one coming in the mail.
I've fried an FTDI chip or two in my day. They aren't bullet proof.
Jan 26, 2013, 03:10 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
I should have ordered more of them at the time of order oh well. Whats really frustrating me is I don't know for sure whether its toast or not. Both lights light up when plugged in but uploading does nothing.
Jan 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
Fixed it turns out The breakout board dosent have all the traces on one side, since I had two servo wires attached to it previously to upload to the board, the bottom PCB trace broke off and I didint realize it till looking at the arduino page and seeing how you change from 3.3v to 5v

Sorry for the horrible solder joints, the board has prettymuch been butchered by the wrong type of iron and my freind using lead free solder on it.
Jan 27, 2013, 06:44 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
Ok, I finally have 1.8 uploaded to the board with VTOL dual turned on. Now come the questions Does anyone know how to reverse Pin A2 or A3, I need to reverse one of the tilt servos as they're moving in the wrong directions. I also need to turn off the gyros that assist Pin 10 (AIL) and Pin 11 (ELV).

I'm also confused as to which value do I change to make the whole transition process faster, which value do I change to get it down to approx 3 seconds?

I'm getting so anxious to fly this thing.
Jan 28, 2013, 10:35 AM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Ok, I finally have 1.8 uploaded to the board with VTOL dual turned on. Now come the questions Does anyone know how to reverse Pin A2 or A3, I need to reverse one of the tilt servos as they're moving in the wrong directions. I also need to turn off the gyros that assist Pin 10 (AIL) and Pin 11 (ELV).

I'm also confused as to which value do I change to make the whole transition process faster, which value do I change to get it down to approx 3 seconds?

I'm getting so anxious to fly this thing.
I'm a way from home and no code to look at but I'll give what help I can.

Looking at your attachment in the post above, and specifically in the red box, the tilt servo speed is controlled by the number value in the paranthesis; change all the numbers from 5's to 3's or 2's or whatever gets to the right speed.

The transition time is determined by the tilt servo speed. Once you have changed that, all else is done automatically.

To reverse a servo, you have to go to the part of the code ....I think in the tab def.h. There you need to find the section of the code that you have selected...example "if defined VTOL Dual". The servos operate between a numeric output value from 1000 to 2000. To reverse you have to change the line of code dealing with the servo from (whatever expression) to 3000 - (whatever expression).

There are three ways the servos can be controlled
pid(expression) gyro assisted
RCcommand(expression) Rx plus some mods like expo and smoothing
RCData(expression) pass through direct from Rx

To remove the gyro stabilization change from pid to RCcommand or RCData in front of the expression for the servo of concern. You must do this for each time the servo is called out in the section of code you have chosen (ex: #define VTOLdual)

No code in front of me so this is all from memory, I hope I have it right or close enough for you to be able to figure it out.
Last edited by leadfeather; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Feb 03, 2013, 08:28 PM
Retardedly intelligent
Thread OP
thanks LF, All of these questions originated from looking in all the wrong places Config.h had some of what we needed but the parts where we could reverse the servos and actually where things made sense was under output. After finding that it wasn't too difficult. My freind who I left in charge of tweaking the code left a bunch of notes.

I did get it to transition to FF and back plenty of times its a little quirky with the tail motor slamming on and off but its pretty cool My next issue is finding out why its not giving me full throttle code is set to 2000 and it will only ascend if I release the elevator stick to neutral then it gives the two front motors more power I have no idea what to do with it now. The final one will be lighter so that should solve some of the problems but we'll see.

Quick Reply