Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2013, 10:35 AM
saabguyspg's Avatar
I hope you dnon't take my suggestions the wrong way...

Where would the fpv camera be mounted then? I don't see how you would mount it.... the go pro is not a good camera to fpv through... angle is too wide and if the battery dies it's game over

Also if the gimbal is tight to the camera case there is no where for wires to come out.

Again great work, just some suggestions everything is a work in progress.

Steve
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2013, 10:44 AM
Hovership
3rdeyepro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
I hope you dnon't take my suggestions the wrong way...

Where would the fpv camera be mounted then? I don't see how you would mount it.... the go pro is not a good camera to fpv through... angle is too wide and if the battery dies it's game over

Also if the gimbal is tight to the camera case there is no where for wires to come out.

Again great work, just some suggestions everything is a work in progress.

Steve
I use medium FOV mode and charge through external power. No issues. However a small CMOS cam and a switcher is a good idea in case it does go dark during a FPV flight.
Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
We have not planned for FPV, and to be honest I dont think you would find many FPVers that would fly with a stabilised cam, because it makes you unable to see the actual attitude of the craft.

We mainly designed for aerieal photography and not FPV.

I appreciate the input, but we cant make a one-size-fits-all solution that still is as light as we want, so we focused on the stuff we found most important. The good news is that we are not the only ones working on AlexMos systems, so there will probably be something for every taste and preference in good time...


Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
I hope you dnon't take my suggestions the wrong way...

Where would the fpv camera be mounted then? I don't see how you would mount it.... the go pro is not a good camera to fpv through... angle is too wide and if the battery dies it's game over

Also if the gimbal is tight to the camera case there is no where for wires to come out.

Again great work, just some suggestions everything is a work in progress.

Steve
Jan 23, 2013, 10:48 AM
saabguyspg's Avatar
Yes changing fov is ok but if you want to record wide then it's not ok

Anyway it's all preference but I think most people don't fpv through te go pro.

Personally I like the reliability of a second fpv cam and I can record any setting I want on the go pro.

Also I find low light sucks with go pro.

To each their own and I am sure we will see many gimbal designs coming.

Steve
Jan 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
Registered User

Hi


Could we get an upclose picture of the gimbal?
Jan 23, 2013, 10:51 AM
saabguyspg's Avatar
Yes you are correct I suppose when I say fpv I mean just viewing the down link. I don't fpv much in the true sense of the word as I am a aerial photographer and videographer.

That being said I can't sell go pro video to anyone but maybe one day it will be am accepted form of video.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
We have not planned for FPV, and to be honest I dont think you would find many FPVers that would fly with a stabilised cam, because it makes you unable to see the actual attitude of the craft.

We mainly designed for aerieal photography and not FPV.

I appreciate the input, but we cant make a one-size-fits-all solution that still is as light as we want, so we focused on the stuff we found most important. The good news is that we are not the only ones working on AlexMos systems, so there will probably be something for every taste and preference in good time...
Jan 23, 2013, 10:54 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Rest assured there will be versions for other popular cams as well. We are already working on a version for Compact and System cams, and I just loaned a CX730, so we will make a version for that too....



Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
Yes you are correct I suppose when I say fpv I mean just viewing the down link. I don't fpv much in the true sense of the word as I am a aerial photographer and videographer.

That being said I can't sell go pro video to anyone but maybe one day it will be am accepted form of video.

Steve
Jan 23, 2013, 11:00 AM
Registered User
JussiH: do you have a other picture angle of the board taken from toppview?
Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 AM
Registered User
seriously who cares about the gimbal, ( not meant in a bad way ) i will probably get one once available. The whole point it the controller IMU and motors package or the info how to prepare the motors etc.

We will see gimbals popping up left and right based on brushless motors and outperforming all the traditional servo based gimbals out there and their stabi systems ( compare it to a Radian, Picloc PH thingi) 1/3 of the price.

I think its a great development !
Jan 23, 2013, 11:29 AM
saabguyspg's Avatar
agreed!

bring on the boards and motor winding instructions....

and really aswsome work man... I am the kinda guy that does not mind paying for something that is good and it looks like you are all on the right track!

steve
Jan 23, 2013, 11:41 AM
Registered User

double post


Found this under FAQ on the simplebgc page

The receiver is only CPPM (Sum PPM) signal. Will the system work with him?
No, not currently working, but may be supported in the future. I myself have a receiver and really want to use it.


Does this mean the system won't work for mikrokopter users?
Jan 23, 2013, 11:49 AM
James not bond
jy0933's Avatar
i seems to have seen somewhere selling a diy kit for 50eU?
Jan 23, 2013, 12:16 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4
Found this under FAQ on the simplebgc page

The receiver is only CPPM (Sum PPM) signal. Will the system work with him?
No, not currently working, but may be supported in the future. I myself have a receiver and really want to use it.


Does this mean the system won't work for mikrokopter users?
It will work even if you attach it to a piece of wood.

The only problem with Spektrum satellites and PPM is that these receivers don't have a PWM port that you can connect to the controller to override the nick channel manually.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:19 PM
Registered User
Awesome work guys, can't wait to see the post saying that they are in stock and ready to ship.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
It will work even if you attach it to a piece of wood.

The only problem with Spektrum satellites and PPM is that these receivers don't have a PWM port that you can connect to the controller to override the nick channel manually.
You won't be able to control nick, even if you connect the controller to the mikrokopter fc?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Super Simple Gimbal - SSG - KK2.1 & OpenPilot support crezzee Aerial Photography 1674 Apr 08, 2017 12:07 PM
Yippee! Simple Brushless Gimbal Controller--FPV MODEL fpvmodels Multirotor Drone Talk 3396 Dec 26, 2014 06:23 PM
Discussion A very simple camera-gimbal for Gaui 330xs babanan Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Oct 09, 2013 08:46 AM