Simple AlexMos 8bit brushless gimbal controller from Viacopter - Page 23 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 30, 2013, 10:23 AM
Registered User
DorianJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnquill
2) Use separate bearings for support and the motor only for movement
Simple solution. Thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2013, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
The IMU will be included, but its a seperate unit, since it has to mount on the cam.
Nice idea to mount IMU on the cam instead on the controller! There can be a difference in the position between the two while the motors strugle to keep up with the motion. It can give you an advantage over other designs.

If I may suggest something for the 3rd axis (yaw): Since the yaw is not critical as roll and pan, you can dedicate one PWM (if there are any left unused) on the basic gimbal so people can use simple cheep servo for yaw, but still be controlled from the same board. It may be extremely useful, and maybe even render 3 axis BLDC version unnecessary, while adding 0 cost to the project. Please reconsider this.
Jan 30, 2013, 10:33 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
I hate to correct you...
No problem, mate.

You probably might want to precise this sentence in the first post then:
"Controller prototype - final version will have onboard USB and IMU will be included" which lead to my confusion.
Jan 30, 2013, 12:32 PM
Registered User
That looks absolutely amazing !!! Great work
Jan 30, 2013, 01:05 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
No problem, mate.

You probably might want to precise this sentence in the first post then:
"Controller prototype - final version will have onboard USB and IMU will be included" which lead to my confusion.
Consider it done...thx!
Jan 30, 2013, 01:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
I hate to correct you, but:

The IMU will be included, but its a seperate unit, since it has to mount on the cam...the board is similar to Alex´s original design, but uses better Motor drivers and we took the option to add a CP2102 USB-serial converter to the board. Serial lines are still available for wireless tuning via BT or other Wireless serial link.

Pls let me and Sebastian take care of the tech questions...I know you mean well, but the facts has to be correct, or it will just add confusion...
Is it possible to mount the remote IMU on the camera tray instead of the camera itself?
Jan 30, 2013, 02:15 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero
Is it possible to mount the remote IMU on the camera tray instead of the camera itself?
Yes, It just has to follow the cam. I hope that provisions will be made so orientation can be changed in the GUI, so it can mount on any side and to any direction.
Jan 30, 2013, 02:51 PM
Jack
jackerbes's Avatar
deleted - question moved to another thread...
Jan 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
New video from Alexmos, creator of SimpleBGC, windy conditions. Multiwii H-quad.

Speaks for itself

SimpleBGC test in wind (3 min 48 sec)
Jan 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
Make UAVs, not drones! ;-)
jazzboy's Avatar
You guys are killin' us!!! That board is simply, frackin' insane!!!!!!!!! Must have soon....please.
Jan 30, 2013, 03:19 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
New video from Alexmos, creator of SimpleBGC, windy conditions. Multiwii H-quad.

Speaks for itself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5enRVS8JxA
Woah! Can it get any better?

Most amazing imo is the smooth transition when he tilts the gimbal - before he throws the MWC into the bush.

Yah, the waiting is killing me, too.
Please stop fueling the fire!
Jan 30, 2013, 03:32 PM
FPV ADDICT
Wirewolf903's Avatar
Speechless! I think this is gonna change things in our hobby and profession!
Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
saabguyspg's Avatar
Well I am pretty confused as to what controller is what, which one is better... who is ripping off who...

I want to support the best controller built hopefully by the original designer...

I am only interested in one that will be powerful enough to move motors large enough for a DSLR like the Canon 5D.

Will this contorller board handle that?

I will design my own gimbal I just want to know if this things got the nuts or if I should wait till rev 2 comes out...


Thanks!

Steve
Jan 30, 2013, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg
Well I am pretty confused as to what controller is what, which one is better... who is ripping off who...

I want to support the best controller built hopefully by the original designer...

I am only interested in one that will be powerful enough to move motors large enough for a DSLR like the Canon 5D.

Will this contorller board handle that?

I will design my own gimbal I just want to know if this things got the nuts or if I should wait till rev 2 comes out...


Thanks!

Steve


Thumbs up.
Same here.
Jan 30, 2013, 05:27 PM
Registered User
lelelodi's Avatar
Amazing results !

Ciao

Lele


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Super Simple Gimbal - SSG - KK2.1 & OpenPilot support crezzee Aerial Photography 1675 Sep 05, 2017 03:57 AM
Yippee! Simple Brushless Gimbal Controller--FPV MODEL fpvmodels Multirotor Drone Talk 3396 Dec 26, 2014 07:23 PM
Discussion A very simple camera-gimbal for Gaui 330xs babanan Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Oct 09, 2013 09:46 AM