Mar 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnquill
1) The motors won't turn. I have tried all power settings from 50 to max but no. I tried with 3S and 4S battery. All I can get is quiet whining and vibrating back and forth, maybe +/- 1mm max. Same goes for both motors. The motors are DualSky XM4005TE-11, 28 poles: http://www.himodel.com/electric/DUAL...lti-rotor.html A friend of mine did the rewinding for me, I believe he used 0.2 wire. I'll get back with the details when I get them from him later.
Can anyone comment or help me with this? Currently all I have is an expensive mosquite repellant...

The motors were wound using the instructions provided in this theard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Quote:
Can anyone comment or help me with this? Currently all I have is an expensive mosquite repellant...

The motors were wound using the instructions provided in this theard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
if you did the calibration of the controller and the motor wont work, i say check the motor 1st.

i did sone test with a cdrom motor and i can get it to move no problem
Mar 17, 2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
if you did the calibration of the controller and the motor wont work, i say check the motor 1st.
Yep, I did do the calibration (hit AUTO button). I'll ask my friend to look over the motors. But as said, they are wound very carefully according to instructions specified in this thread and both motors work the same way (just whine and vibrate).

Is there something special to take into account when winding a 28 pole motor?
Mar 17, 2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH

For all the retailers that is interested, I have tried to answer you all
I've send an e-mail, in February already, and a second one today. Actually it is a reply from a mail you've send to me. Did not hear anything from it, hope to contact you this way.

Quote:
@Aalie:

Its not the size of the motor that matter, but rather how much load you put on it. If the camera is balanced properly, the controller will easily be able to handle cameras up to at least 1 kg.

So the short answer is: Yes you can use 105 gram motors (or bigger) with the controller, but pay attention to power levels and tuning parameters and keep an eye out for signs of the motor drivers heating up when the gimbal is running.

Nice piece of work with that Gimbal - if you balance the camera for neutral balance on all 3 axises (it looks bottomheavy to me), you should get a very good result with this controller and your motors.
Thanks Jussi, you are right, the cam/mount is slightly bottom heavy. Just tried a Sony NEX 7, and bolted this EOS 550 on right after. Balancing like the Zen:
Zenmuse EOS-M balanceren (1 min 21 sec)
and it should be okay. Than I'll like to try this controller (hoping you will reply my mail).

Kind regards,
Aldert
Mar 17, 2013, 01:32 PM
SkyHi Aerial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik R
Did some more flights with my gimbal today.
Tried new PID settings on the roll.

No post stabilization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6daC4T_Qlpk
Fredrik, that looks amazing. Nice job on the build, setup and video. I can't wait to get my NEX up on a brushless setup.
Mar 17, 2013, 03:19 PM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip
can someone post a close up pic of the AM Board wired and ready to go.
Is everyone just soldering the motors and power to the board or are you adding connectors?
I think I saw some pics early on that had prongs for the wires coming out or I guess maybe that may have been another board.
This one?

Download the PDF Manual here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&d=1363443451
Mar 17, 2013, 04:20 PM
vip
vip
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
This one?

Download the PDF Manual here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&d=1363443451
thank you, my board does not have any prongs o n it.I guess I will have to hardwire it unless someone knows where I can get those prongs to add on. O got mine from flyduino and they surprisingly were not included.
Mar 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip
thank you, my board does not have any prongs o n it.I guess I will have to hardwire it unless someone knows where I can get those prongs to add on. O got mine from flyduino and they surprisingly were not included.
you can probably just solder the wires directly to it?
Mar 17, 2013, 04:54 PM
krasimir
you can find them here:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tch_5PCS_.html

Krasimir
Mar 17, 2013, 06:49 PM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
i just could not resist... i took apart a old CDrom drive and tested the motor with the controller, the motor has a ring magnet and have 3 ohm resistance from each phase, i got the power to 75 to get it moving and its not getting to hot.

I wont use it, i just had to see it work i am sure i am not the only 36 y/o kid in this hobby

Alexmos brushless gimbal controller. (0 min 22 sec)
Mar 17, 2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the update my man

Quote:
Its been stated several times that the controller should be back in stock "soon". We are working on it, but I still need to get a definate ETA on the next batch from our manufactorer. I was hoping for "next week" but it may not happen. Trust me, we are working on it, whips are beeing cracked and all wheels are turning full speed. I get a heap of mails asking this exact question everyday, so it might have slipped to answer them all - and I am sorry for that! Everyone of us is working very hard to make all the ends meet as fast as possible.

Kinderkram in the process of moving Viacopter to a new and better system, that will make handling of stock notifiers a lot better and add a lot of other improvements on shipping and order handling. Once the migration is complete, you should sign up for a notifier on new stock. Details to follow.

For all the retailers that is interested, I have tried to answer you all, but I need some details to be confirmed before I can state a wholesale price on the BaseCam controllers - its also beeing worked on. Your interests have been noted and I will get back to you all when the final details are in place for wholesale orders. The new site will also improve the wholesale and EU B2B handling options a lot.

@Aalie:

Its not the size of the motor that matter, but rather how much load you put on it. If the camera is balanced properly, the controller will easily be able to handle cameras up to at least 1 kg.

So the short answer is: Yes you can use 105 gram motors (or bigger) with the controller, but pay attention to power levels and tuning parameters and keep an eye out for signs of the motor drivers heating up when the gimbal is running.

Nice piece of work with that Gimbal - if you balance the camera for neutral balance on all 3 axises (it looks bottomheavy to me), you should get a very good result with this controller and your motors.
Mar 18, 2013, 05:15 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzboy
Had a bit of time and slapped together an el cheapo version of a gimbal for my Sony HX30. The materials come in around $7. All I have is some hand tools and a drill press so the design had to be very basic. Comes in at 246.7 grams for frame and motors.

Will get the motors rewound and board prepped this weekend....wish me luck!

Andy
Wow...excactly how I planned the gimbal myself !!
What is the tickhness of the aluminum ?
I planned to cut a plate and bend these. I dont know where I can find angles like you have there.
Mar 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
Jack
Quote:

What you are describing is typical of a motor with a mistake in the windings. There is no cure for it except to rewind it correctly. And if you persist in trying to make it run you run the risk of damaging any ESC or controller you are testing it with. Test it first with any simple ESC, if it motors around then it is worth putting your more expensive device at risk.

The motor at the link is a 24 slot 28 pole motor (24N28P) outrunner enter that info here:

http://i.caendle.de/dev/test2/

choose 2 layer and Y termination and get a copy or screen shot of the windings. Compare that to your windings and you'll almost certainly find an error in your windings. If you want to be more helpful to all concerned and get more and better answers about your winding questions, you'll post your discussion about the winding process on the winding thread here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1823636

Read no anger or criticism into my post. Good luck with it!

Jack
Mar 18, 2013, 08:39 AM
How many poles does this motor have?

http://www.iflight-rc.com/GBM2212-80.htm
Mar 18, 2013, 08:48 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo
How many poles does this motor have?

http://www.iflight-rc.com/GBM2212-80.htm
thats a regular 12pole, most motors are

Quick Reply