This thread is privately moderated by brandonmoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2013, 01:58 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Thread OP
Discussion

My Freewing ME-262

Here is some of the work I've done to the Freewing ME-262. The stock pilot is actually one of the better stock pilots I've see and decided to go ahead and use him with a repaint make over done to him to give him a bit more depth and realistic look. I also added some more details to the cockpit I noticed from studying some online documentation reference photos.

I also repainted over all of the nuetral gray areas on the plane with a darker Green gray and added some weathering effects.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
At the current moment she's all stock ARF, but I have ordered a extra set of nacelles and new set of EDF's and motors http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2888 along with a pair of new ESC's (Turnigy Plush 80A) for a quick EDF nacelle pod change out if desired without affecting to stock original ones. I also ordered two spare sets of rotors for for the stock setup just incase of accidents and a rotor fails or throws a blade or something? Alway good to have a spare handy and ready when you need it.

Update: Decided to use different ESC's...see post #7
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jan 28, 2013 at 03:10 AM.
Jan 26, 2013, 09:15 PM
Thread OP
A little more progress made and all most done
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 03, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Jan 27, 2013, 02:03 AM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Awesome job on the flaps. Looks so much better.
Jan 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
I may still end up going to servos for the inboard flaps. Believe it or not with the flap mod I did the added weight of the top part of the flap I glued to the bottom half seem to want to cause the inboard flaps to droop and be a bit more loosely fltting with a springy affect to them when they are deployed, not solid and firm like it should be as the outboard flaps are.

So as much as I tried to make the touque rod system work, I'm still not pleased with it, I think direct servo controll is going to be the best way to go.
Jan 27, 2013, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
Other than adding two more servos for the inboard flaps (I've decided to do) she's done and pretty much ready to go
Jan 28, 2013, 03:07 AM
Thread OP
I decided to use these ESC's with my CP 10 blade & IR 550 2200kv motor/EDF set up. This way I'll be set for either the stock fans or the new ones. The stock ESC's are OK and seem to perform nicely and reliably, just not strong enough for the new EDF's, I'll find a couple of my smaller planes to use them in or if some one wants them? shoot me a PM and make an offer.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20695
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 03, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
Apr 17, 2013, 09:30 PM
What's Wrong!? with that poor thing It's got a Serious case of Warts!
German aircraft had ALL panel seams taped and puttied.. NO visible seams (other than hatches) and NO visible rivets.
But then what would some chinese kid 'building' the molds know about any of that?
Aug 18, 2013, 08:23 PM
Very effective mods. Plane looks great, nice work!
Aug 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
Thread OP
Thank you very much...she flys great and solid as a rock
Mar 05, 2014, 09:24 AM
Hi ,
I am new to to edf's and wanted to know if the freewing me 262 would be a good plane to start of with. I fly large scale prop and glider planes for the last 20 years.
Any help would be apreciated!!
Thanks, Gorge
Last edited by gorge; Mar 05, 2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Typo
May 11, 2015, 09:53 PM
Thread OP
Busted out the ME-262 today and got her all back together after being in storage for over a year, from my move back to AZ., Actually got all my planes back out and together along with a few new ones.

She still flies like a dream, but I don't dare get lax with it or it will bite you as soon as get cocky and complacent.... was a little rusty after a time period down and not flying, but didn't take long to get back into the swing of things. I did add an Eagle A3-L gyro to it from MRC....definitely smooths things out and love it.

Quick Reply