Find More Posts by critter1340
2948 scale Combat
Discussion

C/L Combat

Is anyone on here flying any CL combat?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by tigreflyer
A few fly here in S Ca. but they don't post here.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:22 PM
2948 scale Combat
There are a few trying to start some in south east PA.
then there are a few here that want to start in Central MD.
CA well that is a bit far from here, so where do you post?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Bob Mears
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Yes I fly Combat. Every chance I get. Problem is I have to travel hundreds of miles to do it. I'm headed to Tucson AZ this weekend to get a "winter fix". Fast2D, Nostalgia, and 75mph that I hope to fly an electric I've been messing with.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:25 AM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by critter1340 View Post
There are a few trying to start some in south east PA.
then there are a few here that want to start in Central MD.
CA well that is a bit far from here, so where do you post?
These guys aren't too far from you. they're a great bunch of guys. I've flown there twice. Makes me want to move there just for combat.

http://necn.homestead.com/
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by aspeed
There are about 10 guys fly near Dresden Ont. Canada. They come from Toronto, Detroit etc. I think there may be a MACA site with more info. F2D and 80mph is popular here. I fly by myself with the F2D planes, hate cleaning dirt off motors.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by flyelectcl
We have a few guys in our area (Maryland Suburbs of Washington DC), and a lot more that used to but are now into milder forms of flying. The Brodak flyin still gets a good turnout in combat.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:02 PM
2948 scale Combat
Thanks Bob for the link and info, The Slingshot looks good and I love those Johnson engines.

aspeed keep them comat planes flying up there.

flyelectcl I have been in a few RC Combat events at Free State Aeromodelers in Laurel, MD. We are going to try and get something going this summer in CL combat and I will post to let you know.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:05 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed View Post
There are about 10 guys fly near Dresden Ont. Canada. They come from Toronto, Detroit etc. I think there may be a MACA site with more info. F2D and 80mph is popular here. I fly by myself with the F2D planes, hate cleaning dirt off motors.
Here's the MACA site. Unfortunately it doesnt forward to emails, so its a bit dormant. I try to get folks to use it more, but it seems most folks prefer the Yahoo group. But the pics dont work well on the yahoo group. I love the blog feature here. I just found this group not long ago and enjoy it quite a bit.

http://www.maca.hobby-site.com:3535/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/combat-l/?yguid=20866348
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by flyelectcl
Critter
are thinking of flying at Freestate? We gave a demo there a few years back and they require mufflers. Don't see mufflers much on combat planes.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeed View Post
I am one of those "10 guys".

Dates for all the contests in the Ontario/Michigan circuit are usually posted on the Balsa Beavers web site

http://www.balsabeavers.com/
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by aspeed
You and the bro's and the bro too.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:54 AM
2948 scale Combat
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyelectcl View Post
Critter
are thinking of flying at Freestate? We gave a demo there a few years back and they require mufflers. Don't see mufflers much on combat planes.
No not C/L there. I fly RCCA class A - SSC and class B - 2948 there at Freestate
but there is a club just into PA and I think they are going to start 1/2 A in C/L
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
2948 scale Combat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
Here's the MACA site. Unfortunately it doesnt forward to emails, so its a bit dormant. I try to get folks to use it more, but it seems most folks prefer the Yahoo group. But the pics dont work well on the yahoo group. I love the blog feature here. I just found this group not long ago and enjoy it quite a bit.

http://www.maca.hobby-site.com:3535/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/combat-l/?yguid=20866348

Thanks fot the links and info it is great!

So you are one of the Mears Gang ? from Lubbock TX, I guess you are.