This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
Discussion

As3x and wing types

I recently sold a plane that i had built out of 6mm epp. Its in the bug family but with a few twist. So this person asked me to finnish his plane off with motor and electronics. Gave him the list and he came back with a As3x system, i was looking for individual peices not one unit. So i get it all set up making sure everything is working as planned. First lifht we have problems,2nd flight still problems but its getting better. Basically the plane didnt fly rite now everyones bumbimg heads on why? Then out of the blue does the as3x know its flying a wing type plane. Does it know about elevons? Because theirs a mix going the gyros dont realize that this is how the plane was set up to fly the system it self was trying to correct the imputs thinking it was climbing or falling depending on inputs. Does anyone know of a way to get the system(as3x) to function with elevons? Bottom line if we cant figure it out the we start over and take this nice looking all in one unit out and go for esc,rec,servos. Any help would be appreciated Thanks fly high,fly fast, crash pretty
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 01:15 AM
Have fun
Re-ask in the micro and indoor section. As3x can't do anything other than conventional wings, just use a regular ar6400,
Jan 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
Jyester
Thread OP
Airpower Thanks I figured as much just thinking about it. Then you think of the hypertaxi how is that possible? Basically the same thing I thought! But it's set with a rudder to aileron mix I believe and the elevator is a separate control surface. Unless they have a way to turn of the gyro's? Something to ponder I guess. Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty
Jan 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
Have fun
The hyper taxi has pre-configured mixing that does everything.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:35 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
Can this preconfigured setting be down load into another board or does it have to be the one from the taxi? Webset said you need a USB tool to down load from the programing menu which has different aircraft or wing configuration.
Jan 22, 2013, 01:39 AM
Have fun
You cannot, but it still won't work for a wing. You need rudderons, or at least a very tall rudder to make it work, or you could just go no rudder.

Quick Reply