Thread Tools
Jan 22, 2013, 03:18 PM
F3B
satinet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Regarding hi starter... Giving an opinion, and attacking, are 2 different things.
I've seen him attacked for giving his opinion.

Below is a good example I think, in this thread, of someone attacking another group and another member... and goes way beyond an opinion.
fair point. But some of highstarters opinions were demonstrably untrue. For example his assertion that it costs one million dollars to set up production for a mouldy was factually wrong and he did tend to argue the point.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2013, 03:31 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet
fair point. But some of highstarters opinions were demonstrably untrue. For example his assertion that it costs one million dollars to set up production for a mouldy was factually wrong and he did tend to argue the point.
Doesn't it take two people to argue?

But quite honestly, obnoxious behavior is something that I am not well versed on.
Perhaps it is because I discuss everything honestly, I don't recognize when I become a bit overbearing.

Perhaps others have this issue as well, and are accused of things they are not guilty of.

This thread almost belongs in LTUP.
Jan 22, 2013, 03:38 PM
F3B
satinet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Doesn't it take two people to argue?

But quite honestly, obnoxious behavior is something that I am not well versed on.
Perhaps it is because I discuss everything honestly, I don't recognize when I become a bit overbearing.

Perhaps others have this issue as well, and are accused of things they are not guilty of.

This thread almost belongs in LTUP.
Absolutely.
Jan 22, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
Some may think I attacked Al but if you read my posts, you'd know that all I ever wanted him to do was to leave me alone... and he wouldn't... You should have seen some of his email messages to me. They were incredibly insulting and hateful. So, if you think I judged him harshly, you're correct, but not without reason. I am just incredibly glad he never got my phone number.

I truly hope this fellow doesn't become another of these... though some think he's there already.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:16 PM
turn, turn, turn.
That's too bad Schrederman... I understand that some people really used to abuse the pm function as well.
Fortunately, they have made that against the rules now.
Jan 23, 2013, 04:45 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
abletowinginc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Regarding hi starter... Giving an opinion, and attacking, are 2 different things.
I've seen him attacked for giving his opinion.

Below is a good example I think, in this thread, of someone attacking another group and another member... and goes way beyond an opinion.
and hes attacking anyone that uses a pwoered plane so go complain to him he started the attacks
Jan 23, 2013, 05:06 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc
and hes attacking anyone that uses a pwoered plane so go complain to him he started the attacks
You should read the rules then.

Each poster is responsible for their own posts.

EDIT :
I just checked and I saw that your post was reported and found to be in violation of site rules.
I tried to warn you.
Further, it should be noted that I did not report this post... someone else did.
You might be surprised how many people read these forms and do not post.
Jan 23, 2013, 07:22 AM
LSF303-AMA Fellow
tkallev's Avatar
This is all just a manifestation of the seedy side of online forums ... the ability to advance one's self as an expert without any real-world expertise and the unfortunate desire of human beings to show they are better than others around them.

Just look at Facebook postings about politics, race relations, you name the topic and you can find the haters.

The anonymity afforded by using online handles makes some think they can never be tracked down ... well, the moderators are fairly experienced with weeding out those members. And, as Kenny said, it's true about how many read but never post ... all you have to do is look at the number of posts, number of posters, and the number of reads and you have some idea how many are in the "Silent Majority"
Jan 23, 2013, 12:23 PM
Phil.T-tailer
Phil.Taylor's Avatar
OK - cant stand the suspense anymore - did anyone buy it?

Phil.
Jan 23, 2013, 03:55 PM
Registered User
TexasThermalKing's Avatar
Way to go Phil....My wondering exactly, did he sell the glider! LOL

I don't care who rants....Let them!

I can easily ignore a posting...and go to the next like it was never there.

I don't give much time to such things....they just thrive on such attention.
Jan 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
Suspended Account
It started out as an ad, then blossomed into so much more!

It's one of the funniest things I've read in a while, god bless the poor bloke. At any rate this sort of example can make you feel a little better about yourself if you are a little better balanced, sad as that sounds... All the best to him.

Hey, we should get a gas guy to buy it and stick a slimmer in it's nose, do a mod thread on it! just kidding, of course..
Jan 24, 2013, 02:08 AM
Brett
bjaffee's Avatar
It would appear to be this plane, fwiw...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=171
Jan 24, 2013, 12:44 PM
Registered User

Love that guy!!


This is all I have to say about that
Spider XXL by Nan Models (4 min 56 sec)
Jan 24, 2013, 02:14 PM
Registered User

What do yoou guys think??


Should I post my video on one of his threads??? I am supposed to be his brother he should love me
Jan 24, 2013, 03:31 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySwiper
Should I post my video on one of his threads??? I am supposed to be his brother he should love me
Easy there.
If you like making comments like those, you might want to try out, life the universe and politics.

That's what I think, since you asked.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complaint For sale ad subsinker Site Suggestions / Complaints 2 Jan 18, 2013 01:56 PM
The funniest landing ever. citabria Parkflyers 8 Sep 22, 2003 11:29 PM
Funniest video ever ETrain Humor 1 Nov 10, 2002 03:45 PM
Funniest thing I`ve ever seen... LOL bo@ti Submarines 2 Jun 28, 2002 07:11 PM