Fixed Pitch 450 Heli Conversions And More - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 22, 2013, 04:08 PM
WOS
WOS
Registered User
Not sure what you mean with the stick at top. if that is the throttle I thought when binding you have everything hooked up, put in bind plug turn receiver on, throttle all the way down then turn tx on in bind mode
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2013, 04:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOS
Not sure what you mean with the stick at top. if that is the throttle I thought when binding you have everything hooked up, put in bind plug turn receiver on, throttle all the way down then turn tx on in bind mode
I am programming the throttle stick range between the Tx and the ESC from 100% to 0%. In short, you turn on the Tx with the stick all the way up, you plug in the heli, you get a couple of beeps, push the stick all the way down, get some more beeps and you are done. Everything binds just fine it's just that the motor starts at 20% which I think is too high considering all my other helis start at around 7%.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:04 PM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
I am programming the throttle stick range between the Tx and the ESC from 100% to 0%. In short, you turn on the Tx with the stick all the way up, you plug in the heli, you get a couple of beeps, push the stick all the way down, get some more beeps and you are done. Everything binds just fine it's just that the motor starts at 20% which I think is too high considering all my other helis start at around 7%.
That would be setting end points in the ESC, the rest would have to be done in the TX throttle curve setting.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse
That would be setting end points in the ESC, the rest would have to be done in the TX throttle curve setting.
I don't think I can do that with this:
Jan 22, 2013, 05:28 PM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
I don't think I can do that with this:
Oops, sorry , I didnt know that you were still using the stock Tx. I knew it would get confusing in here due to the many different combinations going on.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse
Oops, sorry , I didnt know that you were still using the stock Tx. I knew it would get confusing in here due to the many different combinations going on.
Oh, no worries. This is just the Walkera setup I bought because it fit my needs for the conversion.
Jan 22, 2013, 06:20 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
I don't think I can do that with this:
I'm not familiar with that TX. Can you set subtrims and travel adjust.
If so try setting travel adjust on throttle to -10 to +10 and see what happens..
Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
I'm not familiar with that TX. Can you set subtrims and travel adjust.
If so try setting travel adjust on throttle to -10 to +10 and see what happens..
I can only adjust trims and reverse servos with this one.
Jan 22, 2013, 11:22 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
I can only adjust trims and reverse servos with this one.
Then your pretty much at the mercy of the TX as we were with the stock MJX unit. Turnigy 9x would be a good addition or you might consider a Devo 10 which you can flash with deviation and will run the RXs you have as we'll as Devo and spectrum.
Jan 23, 2013, 12:43 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
if they can't write manual in English do you really think they read this? They must have similar forum in Chinese I guess.
LMAO!! Priceless, thanks for that one!
Jan 23, 2013, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Went out today before the rain starts and I gotta get some more batteries for these things. I want to try 3S but not sure if 2200 mAh is appropriate.

My 90 degree Align swashplates should show up today so I need to decide when to pull the trigger on the full 450 flybarless fixed pitch head conversion. I am thinking I should just cut the metal rods off the F45 flybar first, leaving the mount and linkage, to at least see how it will handle. Decisions.....Decisions......
Jan 23, 2013, 02:36 PM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Went out today before the rain starts and I gotta get some more batteries for these things. I want to try 3S but not sure if 2200 mAh is appropriate.

My 90 degree Align swashplates should show up today so I need to decide when to pull the trigger on the full 450 flybarless fixed pitch head conversion. I am thinking I should just cut the metal rods off the F45 flybar first, leaving the mount and linkage, to at least see how it will handle. Decisions.....Decisions......
I would think theres to much slop in the stock rotorhead to make it a stable FBL platform, 3 axis gyros arent the fastest thing in the world. Note when tilting the heli how slow it is to return to level swash. It would seem to me that youll be on the cyclic control having a epileptic seizure.

Then again, if you do give it a try, do take some video of the maiden.
Jan 23, 2013, 04:54 PM
Frank
OHHH speakin of maiden flights,

I got my stuff from china today

Stuff looked good, they sent me an extra rear rotor with the kit, an alu 1.
The rest was in a gold color, After removing the anodizing, I polished it,
Disassembled the rear rotor, and polished it, for the

450 from HELLi

What yall think, the whole HELLi will be like this.
a coupla pics from today.

Frank
Jan 23, 2013, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse
I would think theres to much slop in the stock rotorhead to make it a stable FBL platform, 3 axis gyros aren't the fastest thing in the world. Note when tilting the heli how slow it is to return to level swash. It would seem to me that youll be on the cyclic control having a epileptic seizure.

Then again, if you do give it a try, do take some video of the maiden.
You are correct sir! I just pretzled the flyber (and broke another set of Xtreme blades), so I cut the rods off at the holder. After quite a bit of fiddling with the gyro settings I was able manage some sort of hover for about 10 seconds, but no way stable at all. Next option would be to hook the bones direct the the blade holder. After I mess with that for a bit, I'll by the good stuff.
Jan 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man
OHHH speakin of maiden flights,

I got my stuff from china today

Stuff looked good, they sent me an extra rear rotor with the kit, an alu 1.
The rest was in a gold color, After removing the anodizing, I polished it,
Disassembled the rear rotor, and polished it, for the

450 from HELLi

What yall think, the whole HELLi will be like this.
a coupla pics from today.

Frank
Boy that is purdy. Can't wait to see the finished product.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V912 4-Channel Fixed Pitch Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 9236 Nov 07, 2017 01:35 AM
Help! MSR Fixed Pitch Question Dubbin1 Micro Helis 3 Jan 11, 2013 09:46 AM
Discussion outdoor four channel fixed pitch heli hereathome Electric Heli Talk 24 Jan 06, 2013 12:15 AM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Ghost FP RC Fixed Pitch thintz Micro Helis 1 Jan 05, 2013 03:32 PM
Sold 450 Heli tool Lot Align pitch, Swash level, link pliers, more -S- Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 16, 2010 09:07 PM