Fixed Pitch 450 Heli Conversions And More - Page 26 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Not yet. Usually means I will not buy from them if they do not respond to questions. I'll give another day.
Yup, I agree, this doesnt look well for them at all. If they act this way before a purchase, imagine what will happen after.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 03:34 PM
Registered User
OK, I have a balance question. Will the gyro make up for a tail heavy condition, or should I still add clay in the nose to balance out the heli?
Mar 06, 2013, 06:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
OK, I have a balance question. Will the gyro make up for a tail heavy condition, or should I still add clay in the nose to balance out the heli?
Not usually. The gyro will try to keep the heli in a stable postition with most gyros.
In that case, if you lift off and the tail is down, that's where the gyro will try to keep it. As soon as you adjust the heli postion, that postion is where the gyro will try to keep it.
Only gyros with a real balance mode will will do what you want and most of them will create a level based on the position you bind in, so you would always need to make sure the heli is perfectly level when binding.
Mar 06, 2013, 08:29 PM
Happy Flying

Esc


Is there away to deactive a esc ? I have one that does not seem to be responding correctly. I been doing a bench test with a brushless motor to setup the esc before going into the heli. I used a programming card but things still don't seem right. I should hear a tone from the esc once TX is on and then power to the esc. I hear nothing so thinking maybe I did something wrong.

And when throttling up the motor all it does is vibrate does not turn.
I tried this esc with two motors and i get the same thing.
Mar 06, 2013, 09:32 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Finally getting started on my FP450. Just a little mock up tonight:



Yeah, I like the Eflite canopies...

Still trying to decide which swash to use, and whether to mod the main shaft or the rotor head.

And why in the heck don't micro servos fit the 450 frames? Jeez!
Mar 06, 2013, 10:43 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNGun
Is there away to deactive a esc ? I have one that does not seem to be responding correctly. I been doing a bench test with a brushless motor to setup the esc before going into the heli. I used a programming card but things still don't seem right. I should hear a tone from the esc once TX is on and then power to the esc. I hear nothing so thinking maybe I did something wrong.

And when throttling up the motor all it does is vibrate does not turn.
I tried this esc with two motors and i get the same thing.
Sounds like a bad connection on one of the 3 motor wires. Check all your solder joints. It sounds like one is cold soldered.
Mar 06, 2013, 10:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Sounds like a bad connection on one of the 3 motor wires. Check all your solder joints. It sounds like one is cold soldered.
+1 - Been there.
Mar 06, 2013, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
Finally getting started on my FP450. Just a little mock up tonight:



Yeah, I like the Eflite canopies...

Still trying to decide which swash to use, and whether to mod the main shaft or the rotor head.

And why in the heck don't micro servos fit the 450 frames? Jeez!
You're on your way. You need to flip your tail blades around.
Mar 07, 2013, 04:22 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
You're on your way. You need to flip your tail blades around.
I think I remember these need to spin ccw?
Mar 07, 2013, 07:09 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Quote:
You're on your way. You need to flip your tail blades around.
Put a tail boom on backwards for an F45 once. Wife's cat almost had a heart attack when I tried it the first time INSIDE... LOL
Mar 07, 2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
On the FC , the main blades turn CCW and the tail is on the left side of the heli also rotates CCW.
Mar 07, 2013, 09:45 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Quote:
On the FC , the main blades turn CCW and the tail is on the left side of the heli also rotates CCW.
From the past FC450 mods I've seen, the tail rotor is on the right with the blades backwards from the way I have mine in the pic above (standard config). Guessing the tail rotor pulls instead of pushing, which I assume is done by flipping the belt?
Mar 07, 2013, 09:53 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
As long as the tail compensates for the main blade torque, it shouldnt matter what side its on.

I just gave my FC stock set up for an example.
Mar 07, 2013, 10:50 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Quote:
As long as the tail compensates for the main blade torque, it shouldnt matter what side its on.

I just gave my FC stock set up for an example.
And I appreciate that! If you fellas see me about to do anything wrong, please speak up. I am completely new to these things.

If I flip the tail rotor to the other side, that would put the control rod on top of the boom. Not sure that would look right...

Like you said though, as long as there is enough counter thrust, it doesn't matter which way it goes.
Mar 07, 2013, 05:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Well now, how is this for a start to the next project?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-500-6Ch-3...item3a7f007e14
I have sent the seller a question twice with no response, so I am out. But, in comparing this to a picture of the Align 500, the servo placement is different so it is not a trex clone.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V912 4-Channel Fixed Pitch Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 9236 Nov 07, 2017 01:35 AM
Help! MSR Fixed Pitch Question Dubbin1 Micro Helis 3 Jan 11, 2013 09:46 AM
Discussion outdoor four channel fixed pitch heli hereathome Electric Heli Talk 24 Jan 06, 2013 12:15 AM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Ghost FP RC Fixed Pitch thintz Micro Helis 1 Jan 05, 2013 03:32 PM
Sold 450 Heli tool Lot Align pitch, Swash level, link pliers, more -S- Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 16, 2010 09:07 PM