Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by Weed89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by Weed89
Discussion

MyRcDesigns - Spitfire 9mm 44in Part 4

Ok finished today...seems my battery is going to have to go on the wing as it came out a tad nose heavy...i think the motor is larger than it was designed for...but thats ok..I was also able to put a 3s1p 40c 1800 lipo on it.

I set up flapperons...but not sure if I will even be able to use them on a flat wing..we will see...als lots of aileron throws.

took it for a taxi test infront of the house..Taxie's Real nice...so, next will be Maiden...still been too windy here lately.

the finished photos below-------------
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:05 PM

Added Wheel Pants

Maiden Tomorrow ( I hope...wind ONLY factor)
....All the pictures of Spitfires wheels down I see show the Wheel pants on the plane...So I made some VERY simple ones ( to see If I want them) out of calling card materieal..
let me know what you think...Yea Or Nea...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
Suspended Account
Very nice, excellent work, and thanks for posting!

I would be very interested in hearing more about your finsihing work... and how the landing gear was designed.

Good luck on your maiden flight!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
First flight went Ok...but very lack luster..performance was weak...1800mah lipo was only enough for aprox 4 mins. mixed flying.

on a Firm landing..I noticed the leading edge of the wing had a crack aprox 2" long on both sides going from leading edge towards the tail..right where the fues. & wings are glued togeather.....So, I added some of the left over CF along the LE. glued it all up...And problemb solved..This should be done to all of the kits I think...i came from the gear pressing up during landing...But no big deal.

took it out a day later for more flying...but changed the prop to a 10x7....Victory !!! It is a blast to fly now...but still eats up the lipo...would like to fix that issue.

flys great..BUT the rudder...used even in tiny amounts..results in a roll over Nose Down flip in a heart beat...so, I only use the rudder on takeoff and landing ....But a VERY fun plane to fly.
Last edited by Weed89; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:43 PM.