Jan 19, 2013, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Predictions of Midwest USA weather changes as a result of global warming

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0118104121.htm

This discusses a draft report authored by some farily capable people. It is a draft report and may have minor changes to become a final report. Draft reports are for review and impovement.

The discission is fairly general and it will be interesting to see the predictions in the final report. Two points: These predictiions look to be specific enough that one can wait around and see how accurate they are. Assuming they are accurate, one can think like the insurance industry, and try to figure out how to adapt and live the good life.
Jan 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yep, I HATE winter and any cold weather. I can take it down to about 60 degrees alright, but anything below that and I feel cold. And, the older I get the warmer I like it.Let's face it. Global warming is a heck of a lot better than the coming ice age they were talking about in the '70's. I don't think I'm going to worry about it at all. When Rev. Algore changes his way of living, then maybe I'll consider it. Until then, forget it.

Just had to add this from your link. Reminds me of a comedy weather forecast many years ago. The forecast---"fair and warmer or cloudy and overcast as whichever the case may be"

"Expect More Droughts, Heavy Downpours, Excessive Heat, And Intense Hurricanes Due To Global Warming, NOAA"
Last edited by mikefast; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Jan 19, 2013, 07:56 PM
[authors of chapters in the 1,100-plus-page National Climate Assessment, which was written by a team of more than 240 scientists]

So will this one be like past 'National Climate Assessment' team of 2000(?) scientist turned out to be only a hand full of not really scientist with cherry picked data?
Lazy today so not going to look up the 100% factual Numbers.

Does it mean that the bottom line on the number of scientist will turn out to be a negative number?

Now to go watch Iron Sky with friends!
That reminds me, we need popcorn!
Jan 19, 2013, 09:24 PM

Like we can believe it...

Global warming was supposed to make the hurricane season worse. Actually reduced the number of hurricanes lately, thogh those 2 that have messed with the east coast made a mess. If they had hit in Hurricane country we probably wouldn't have noticed. Hit them about like a blizzard would in the south...
Jan 19, 2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson
------This discusses a draft report authored by some farily capable people.----
This quote says about all you need to know about these "capable" people. They are political propogandists funded by the government. There function is: release propaganda, study reaction, alter propaganda, release new version.
Quote:
GLISA is mapping climate policy networks in the region. By surveying stakeholders on the people and organizations with whom they communicate and collaborate on climate-related issues, we are better able to understand the structure of relationships around these issues and develop more effective engagement strategies for subsequent assessment activities. This network analysis will also provide critical information about stakeholder views, concerns, behaviors and preferences. This information will be vital in developing effective engagement strategies and allow us to follow changes in stakeholder views and the structure of the network over time.

Quick Reply