Jan 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
Thumbs in training
Thread OP
Discussion

Why more 3DHS planes in classifieds?

I was just wondering why I see more 3DHS planes in the classifieds than I do Exteme Flight or similar brands? Are more poeple buying 3DHS planes, there for more people are selling.....?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2013, 03:09 PM
Ta-dah!
It would be interesting to see the data. I wonder if there is an easy way to pull all the for sale threads into excel and then pivot the data to see what manufacture planes are sold the most during which time frame. I think a casual observation won't really tell you anything but true number crunching would be a fun.

Of course that won't tell you how many of which brand was sold from the source and I doubt you would ever get those stats.
Jan 19, 2013, 06:05 PM
ward cleaver's boy...
I know why...
Jan 19, 2013, 06:15 PM
The Earth got in the way!
I imagine that there are more being bought and sold for larger planes. There is also more good options out there from PA and EF.
Last edited by kuczy; Jan 19, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
Jan 19, 2013, 06:31 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
Without knowing how many of the respective brands are in end customer hands, that there seems to be more 3DHS planes in the classified could just be an indication that more people have them, or that that 3DHS pilots don't crash as much, 3DHS pilots don't love their planes as much as other brands, and other reasonable explanations. Also, people get caught up in the frenzy of garage sales, and buy planes they don't want, and try to resell it so they can buy the planes they really want.
Jan 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Well me being honestly too poor for this hobby l have to sell one plane in order to get another. I have sold 8 3dhs planes to by 8 different 3dhs planes.
Jan 19, 2013, 09:39 PM
yea what losi said. it sucks sometimes to have to sell them.
Jan 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
I've been selling planes all week to get a 74" Edge!
Jan 19, 2013, 11:27 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
it just goes in cycles. right now there may be a few more 3dhs planes, and in a few months there will be a ton of EF planes (there have been for the past few months IIRC), and then PA, and then everything else will have its turn. there is nothing to read into, it just happens
Jan 20, 2013, 12:54 AM
Fly Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21
it just goes in cycles. right now there may be a few more 3dhs planes, and in a few months there will be a ton of EF planes (there have been for the past few months IIRC), and then PA, and then everything else will have its turn. there is nothing to read into, it just happens
+1

Just the random crazy cycle of the RCG classifieds. Don't listen to some silly BS about why as there is no reason.
Jan 21, 2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Well me being honestly too poor for this hobby l have to sell one plane in order to get another. I have sold 8 3dhs planes to by 8 different 3dhs planes.
This is my guess also and when you consider that they sell a bunch of them to start off with more will show up used. This hobby is addicting.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:44 PM
3D Addict
nevermind
Last edited by alfabeast; Feb 04, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Jan 21, 2013, 08:04 PM
Are you serious? Alfabeast? Man, I need to find an excuse to travel up. Or, do you plan to visit NYC or Philly in near future?
Jan 21, 2013, 08:22 PM
Wow that's a great deal.
Jan 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
LOL, man, I'd jump on that if I were local, and my MXS is still in flying condition.

Quick Reply