New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Yes, props are meant to be sharp but I've cut myself more on MAS props when flipping a diesel, they really do have to be deburred. The available sizes and their performance in the air is what speaks for APC.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by Pierre_de’ Loop
Does anyone have expereince with the 6X3 and 6X4 Zinger props on a throttled Cox Medallion?
thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by RknRusty
Not throttled, but a 6x3 wooden Zinger sucked the life out of my RR1. A Medallion would probably fare better.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by Gooroo
I am not a fan at all of wood props smaller than 8". They are just too draggy on small engines.

I really wish the old topflite nylons were still around. I loved those props!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by surfer_kris
The Rev-up props (found at Brodak) are much better than the Zinger ones, those are simply too thick a makes for a very high load. The 7x3.5 by Rev-up is very nice (not for .049 but for .09) and very similar to the now very hard to find cox one.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by Moeregaard
I really wish the old topflite nylons were still around. I loved those props![/QUOTE]

Me too. Had I known they'd one day be unavailable, I'd have stocked up. Guess I can say that about a lot of things....
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Two left thumbs
It seems a lot got lost or done away with when Top Flite got sucked up by Tower.

How about Grish Bros/Tornado props? As a kid I had good luck with them but they're gone now too.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by RknRusty
I have a pile of new Tornadoes. I tried one on my Norvel Big Mig. It had been running a Master Airscrew 6x3 right around 20k RPMs on the test bench, and with the Tornado 6x3 it only ran in the high 16s. I was amazed at the dropoff. It was balanced and really flexible, so I thought it would be faster with its smaller airfoil.
I have not tried one since, but I have a few different sizes, so I'll take another look.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Pierre_de’ Loop
Thank you everyone for your input.

Surfer_kris, the Rev-up propellers at the Brodack site are exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks for the direction.

I was about to order some Zingers for an upcoming 1/2A project, but after looking at an 8X4 Zinger I had in my propeller jar I agree that they look too thick. And the APC propellers are too sharp for me. I don’t mind them on my electric motors, but that’s because I’m not in front of them when they start!

Re: Top Flite – I could not agree more – they seem to exist in name only today.