Dec 22, 2003, 12:00 PM

1st Time Gas User

New Ultra Stick Light 120
The Zenoah G26, 71oz. 38cc/2.3 c.i. $299, is suggested for this aeroplane when running gas. Trying to save a few bucks, I hear there are several gas spin trimmer engines easily adaptable to RC. Most trimmers can be had for way less than $299. Anyone have a suggestions? 6 year flyer, all slimers!
Last edited by speedstik; Dec 22, 2003 at 01:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2003, 11:54 PM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm

Heres a good site for conversions.

What kind of performance do you need? The US 120 Light is a nice ship but it is light on the tail for a gasser. Not that it wont work but if you could get a ele ignition kit for a conversion you could realy get the wight down. Ignitions kits are aroud $100. There are so many canidates for your engine i cant realy pinpoint one, You can study that site at rcu and get a better idea what your looking for..
Dec 23, 2003, 09:18 PM

Ultrs Stick 120, Gas

Thx Dave. Performance? Enough to hold & climb out of a hover. Elevator and rudder servos will be mounted in the tail and possibly a heavier tail wheel setup if the weight is needed. I will make a gasser out of the stick on way or another. Currently flying an Ultra Stick 40 with an O/S FS70. It is awesome!
Dec 24, 2003, 12:35 AM

cool man

US 40 with a 70FS is a great combo..,.i would just make sure you can swing a 18-16x6 at least 7k,,or 8k for sure...ea. You should be able to climb like a banshee if you keep your motor under 3.5lbs er so. But ide say however it is your going to find out....Keep in touch. Gota love a stick for all around wild funflying stunts, And landing in tall grass on a rough field........
Dec 30, 2003, 09:26 PM
your right! gotta luv da stick! I flew a ultra 40 all summer with a rear exaust enya 60 and a hatari tuned pipe. Oh what fun. So I went out and bought the 120 stick and put a Super Tigre 3000 (1.82) I changed the stock setup on both to pull/pull on the tail feathers. Only have three flights on the 120 so far. Strait up no problem and the Tigre sounds like an ole 2 stroke motorcycle when you back off the gas (ring,ding,ding,ding) the guys at the field tease me but the performance is impressive. Have fun!