This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 29, 2013, 04:21 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Ah, the waiting is the worst part. I have dreams - sometimes nightmares - about products I have en-route. Chris will be shipping my order out next week. The race is on... will the Quads arrive before the receivers (HobbyKing) leaving me time to build the CNC 355 - or will I be sitting here with receivers and only my F45 to fly? Either option is fine actually as some of the parts I've ordered I need to play around with and do some experimenting.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2013, 04:30 PM
Trader Rating: 13
I'm out of town all next week - so that will help the waiting some. I'd be tickled pink if it was waiting on me when I got home - but figure realistically, it'll be a few days into the following week when it shows up. Only time will tell.

EDIT to add question instead of posting again:

You Spektrum Users - is there a difference between adjusting "stick scaling" on the KK2 vs. changing "dual rate" on say the DX6i? Chris said in his video to me (watching it for the 3rd time already) - that for a beginner adjust the stick scaling on the KK2 down to 30%. Would that be the same result if I left the KK2 alone and adjusted my Dual Rates on my DX6i down to 30%?
Last edited by jdr00ejr; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Jan 29, 2013, 06:20 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Mother warned you about me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless
Ah, the waiting is the worst part. I have dreams - sometimes nightmares - about products I have en-route. Chris will be shipping my order out next week. The race is on... will the Quads arrive before the receivers (HobbyKing) leaving me time to build the CNC 355 - or will I be sitting here with receivers and only my F45 to fly? Either option is fine actually as some of the parts I've ordered I need to play around with and do some experimenting.
Trust me, the quad will arrive first. HK is sllloooowwwww!
Jan 29, 2013, 06:22 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Mother warned you about me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr
I'm out of town all next week - so that will help the waiting some. I'd be tickled pink if it was waiting on me when I got home - but figure realistically, it'll be a few days into the following week when it shows up. Only time will tell.

EDIT to add question instead of posting again:

You Spektrum Users - is there a difference between adjusting "stick scaling" on the KK2 vs. changing "dual rate" on say the DX6i? Chris said in his video to me (watching it for the 3rd time already) - that for a beginner adjust the stick scaling on the KK2 down to 30%. Would that be the same result if I left the KK2 alone and adjusted my Dual Rates on my DX6i down to 30%?
Stick scaling is better because if you forget about your dl being on or off you could be in for a nasty surprise. Plus chris is right, stick scaling is so much easier.
Jan 29, 2013, 06:22 PM
Trader Rating: 0

chris25 build request

i would like to order a cnc 355 rxr set for beginner
black anodized center plates
orange front props and black rears
Jan 29, 2013, 06:29 PM
Trader Rating: 12
I am late in the game and just ordered my servo leads from the rcg classifieds.
Jan 29, 2013, 06:41 PM
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablochopper
I am late in the game and just ordered my servo leads from the rcg classifieds.
Just FYI...I made a mistake and didn't pay enough attention. To use Auto Leveling I need 5 leads, not just 4. Just throwing that out there in case you missed this too.
Jan 29, 2013, 07:00 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Too bad this beef is going on... It's a negative thing and taking too much energy which could be used for developing a great product. Had people gone mad, while this is going on on other UAV developing threads, claiming people have certain rights of certain models/designs.
My support goes out to Chris, because of his excellent way of support and open communication.
I'm sure he will be back with new designs, all be it on this forum or another one, or even on his own website. Just let people decide what will be the best design/support and not the fact having some important friends on strategic points...

Last year I purchased two of Chris' M-frames and was waiting for a hex or octo frame to come out. Unfortunately it is not going to happen... for now that is.
At the moment I am finishing building one of the Armattans and can't wait to maiden it. I saw video's of fellow Armattan owners, but never saw my own airborne.

So Armattan wannabe's, he will be back...
Jan 29, 2013, 07:50 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
I think it's safe to say that everyone is learning a lot from this experience and moving forward things are going to become even better than they were before. I too was looking forward to the hexacopter - although to be honest what I really want is an octacopter - but for now what I really need is a new quad to replace the one I lost and my order should be shipping next week. I am excited to get the CNC 355 and an M Frame to replace the one I lost!

In the meantime I'm done modding my F45 and just have to wait for a day when it's not snowing or windy so I can test it out. I've finally unpacked my second F45 so I can start flying it even if the modded one is on the bench... I'm getting tired of having nothing but the Symas and V911's, V929's and a V939 to fly. In fact I don't even bother flying those ones anymore... The Armattan and F45 have spoiled me.
Jan 29, 2013, 11:34 PM
Trader Rating: 27
Got my CNC 355 on Saturday. After installing my RX some fine tuning all I can say is WOW. This thing flys like it's on rails. The power is unreal! The only thing that can top this whole experience is Chris' SUPERFANTASTIC customer service. Chris you go leaps and bounds above others and it not only shows in how you represent your quads but your attention to detail in them is outstanding. Never thought I could purchase a product assembled with the detail that I would put into something. Thanks for a great product Chris and an great buying eperience!!!
Jan 30, 2013, 12:55 AM
Trader Rating: 8
Phlathead
Got to play with a 258 this last weekend. Probably the finest small quad I have ever seen. Awesome design and incredibly powerful setup. Rails to insanity in 10% throttle. Kudos!
Jan 30, 2013, 02:33 AM
Trader Rating: 14
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToast
Got to play with a 258 this last weekend. Probably the finest small quad I have ever seen. Awesome design and incredibly powerful setup. Rails to insanity in 10% throttle. Kudos!

They are a blast to fly, your description is right on and I have yet to hit full throttle it climbs so fast.
Last edited by jsflyrv; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Jan 30, 2013, 01:06 PM
Trader Rating: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1
Stick scaling is better because if you forget about your dl being on or off you could be in for a nasty surprise. Plus chris is right, stick scaling is so much easier.
What you can do is use both - by increasing the stick scaling and enabling dual rates you can switch between aggressive and smoother flight modes without having to land.
Jan 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv
They are a blast to fly, your description is right on and I have yet to hit full throttle it climbs so fast.
Hey JSFLYRV I was wondering what size props you have on your quad

Life
Jan 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle
Hey JSFLYRV I was wondering what size props you have on your quad

Life

I am using 6X4.5 three blade right now I also have used 6X4.5 two blade both work fine, I just prefer 3 blade/

Quick Reply