Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by pukarb
Help!

Tandem RC airplane

Hey guys..!

I want to make a tandem wing airplane using a 2.5 cc engine, can anybody help me with the whole procedure of making one. Since i am new to this rc modelling i am confused with airfoils, wing chords, span, location of cg, and other dimensions.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by Kyler1
It is best to buy a kit with instructions and all the stuff to build it.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by slipstick
Why a tandem wing ? They're often quite tricky to balance and getting the controls working well can be difficult....so not exactly ideal for a first build.

Steve
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Why a tandem wing ? They're often quite tricky to balance and getting the controls working well can be difficult....so not exactly ideal for a first build.

Steve
Actually i've taken up this up as a project in my college. I am ready with all the stuff required for this, but i am basically facing problems related to stability, cg, where to place wings, as in canard or aft-tail. Thats why i was looking for some one to help me with this. I really want to fly this one.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
Actually i've taken up this up as a project in my college. I am ready with all the stuff required for this, but i am basically facing problems related to stability, cg, where to place wings, as in canard or aft-tail. Thats why i was looking for some one to help me with this. I really want to fly this one.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by whiskykid
team sleprock
look further down in airplanes general, and they have a thread just for your Q
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Knock up a little sheet balsa facsimile and use that to determine the CG
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
Find More Posts by jjkupinski
TigreJohn
What happened with all that info I fed you in your original post on the same subject?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by RCFVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkupinski View Post
What happened with all that info I fed you in your original post on the same subject?
"Spoon feeding solutions does not teach someone how to pick up the spoon"

D.Tristao

Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkupinski View Post
There was some confusion b/w me and my friend, he posted this thread again on my behalf.
Sorry for dat
But i was confused how could you suggest Horizontal separation gap of 2x wing chord. Vertical separation of about 1x chord. Dihedral angle of 3 degrees on each 1/2 wing panel...? What was the reason for that, bcoz i will have to provide the reasoning for the same to my faculty incharge. though i was comfortable with wing areas and clark y airfoil.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukarb View Post
There was some confusion b/w me and my friend, he posted this thread again on my behalf.
Sorry for dat
But i was confused how could you suggest Horizontal separation gap of 2x wing chord. Vertical separation of about 1x chord. Dihedral angle of 3 degrees on each 1/2 wing panel...? What was the reason for that, bcoz i will have to provide the reasoning for the same to my faculty incharge. though i was comfortable with wing areas and clark y airfoil.
Alrighty then!