Thread Tools
Jan 17, 2013, 02:31 PM
It's all about Quadcopters
Question

GoPro for 100 is this real?


Hi

I came across this website and wanted to know if this is real??
http://www.rc4y.com/rc4y-gopro3-hero...ory-p-514.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreative
I came across this website and wanted to know if this is real??
No, it's a scam. RC4Y is a scam.

-Blues
Jan 17, 2013, 02:45 PM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy
No, it's a scam. RC4Y is a scam.

-Blues
Wrong. RC4Y used to have sketchy reputation (and still do) but they are legit. If something goes wrong with your order like the package gets lost, file a paypal claim and you should be fine. Their customer support is awful (at least thats what I've heard) so just pray that everthing goes fine. Again, PayPal is your friend, always use it when buying from them.
The GoPro they are selling comes without any accessories. No case, no battery, nothing but the cam. Seems like a decent deal if you are willing to buy the other stuff separately.
Jan 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Free battery on the Silver ed.
But very likely no serial number...based on the recent black threads. so little/no GoPro support.
Jan 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
Registered User
brifa's Avatar
i don't understand where they are getting these cameras... i hope they are not faulty or in not great condition from factory production... so gopro sold them at low prices....
Jan 17, 2013, 05:43 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29
Wrong. RC4Y used to have sketchy reputation (and still do) but they are legit.
No. You are the wrong one. They are certainly not a legitimate business by
any means. Do you even know how they got started? They hacked BEVRC's
website, stole their email list, and created a duplicate website that was an
identical copy of BEVRC's. They were so lazy that the pictures of the
products they were selling were still watermarked with the BEVRC logo! Not
only that, but in the skyhunter thread neither the original product
manufacturer or the reseller of the plane knows who RC4Y is or how they
could have gotten their planes in stock since they never sent any to them or
even heard of them before. They are a scam plain and simple, if you send
money to them you deserve to have it stolen for being so daft.

-Blues
Jan 17, 2013, 09:38 PM
Registered User
barok's Avatar
are they shipped with serial numbers.. so one can update from GP sites..
Last edited by barok; Jan 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Jan 17, 2013, 10:57 PM
Registered User
Hmerly's Avatar
His Gopros are real. You DO NOT need a serial to update your GOPROS.
Latest blog entry: My fixed wings
Jan 18, 2013, 04:56 AM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
When a thread has this much disagreement after only 8 posts, I know to take my business somewhere else...
Jan 18, 2013, 06:18 AM
It's all about Quadcopters
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
When a thread has this much disagreement after only 8 posts, I know to take my business somewhere else...
Yeah I agree. Actually when I work it out because your only getting the camera and battery it works out cheaper to buy the standard 200 and get the extras you dont get with this.
Jan 18, 2013, 07:14 AM
SILURIA / UK
Shikra's Avatar
Gopro do not ship their products like that... all piled in a box together.

it is either a bunch of rejects, copies, stolen or a few extras made by the subcontractors!!


You may be lucky and get a bargain, or loose all your money. Anything with rc4y is a gamble...
Jan 18, 2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
sir , i am the rc4y . all the guys purchase the FPV items through paypal , if we get money and not send the items . paypal will back the money directly to u , we can not make any cheats. u say , we copy the others websites , we really copy some pictures from bevrc at the begining , sorry to u . but from 2011, they all ourselves pictures.

about the skyhunter , how many u want , we can send u . we have a lots of stock . by the way , skyhunter is not belong to skywalker , its a new company s products.

at the end , i just check our order , u never order anything on rc4y , so , how do u make the conclusion that we are cheater . do u have any evidence to proof your opinion .
we can supply u all high quality goods and nice price , do u think that's our mistake ?

tom
Jan 18, 2013, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy
No. You are the wrong one. They are certainly not a legitimate business by
any means. Do you even know how they got started? They hacked BEVRC's
website, stole their email list, and created a duplicate website that was an
identical copy of BEVRC's. They were so lazy that the pictures of the
products they were selling were still watermarked with the BEVRC logo! Not
only that, but in the skyhunter thread neither the original product
manufacturer or the reseller of the plane knows who RC4Y is or how they
could have gotten their planes in stock since they never sent any to them or
even heard of them before. They are a scam plain and simple, if you send
money to them you deserve to have it stolen for being so daft.

-Blues
sir , i am the rc4y . all the guys purchase the FPV items through paypal , if we get money and not send the items . paypal will back the money directly to u , we can not make any cheats. u say , we copy the others websites , we really copy some pictures from bevrc at the begining , sorry to u . but from 2011, they all ourselves pictures.

about the skyhunter , how many u want , we can send u . we have a lots of stock . by the way , skyhunter is not belong to skywalker , its a new company s products.

at the end , i just check our order , u never order anything on rc4y , so , how do u make the conclusion that we are cheater . do u have any evidence to proof your opinion .
we can supply u all high quality goods and nice price , do u think that's our mistake ?

tom
Jan 18, 2013, 08:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra
Gopro do not ship their products like that... all piled in a box together.

it is either a bunch of rejects, copies, stolen or a few extras made by the subcontractors!!


You may be lucky and get a bargain, or loose all your money. Anything with rc4y is a gamble...
do u have any evidence to prove your opinion? just say frame words ,it's not helpful for your reputation. thank u ,guys.
Jan 18, 2013, 08:27 AM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
I haven't seen any recent complaints about rc4y. For all of those who actually want to see proof that he is delivering stuff, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post23782056
There is a tracking number for the GoPro black edition


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! FoxtechFPV GoPro Hero 3 Black edition without Remote fake or real? Marown Multirotor Drone Talk 55 Sep 06, 2013 06:57 PM
Sold Real Flight Plus controller and Real Flight 4 Program w/RF 6 Upgrade and bonus packs. hadawayj Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Jan 17, 2013 12:58 PM
For Sale GoPro Hero $100 i love nachos FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jan 14, 2013 01:41 PM
Discussion A $60 alternative for GoPro? 100 lenses and easy to get feed :O Koo FPV Talk 3 Jul 25, 2012 06:01 PM
Question LF FPV Frame for GoPro/10" props $100 mark Judar Multirotor Drone Talk 3 May 22, 2012 07:37 PM