Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by rcnutt
Discussion

Uberlite 2-1 plane actuator

Where is the cheapest place to buy actuators for the Uberlite 2-1 airplane? RCNutt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Vince Herman
I think if the electronics fail on my Uber's, I will replace them with a brick from a Vapor. Having servos rather than actuators would be an improvement.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by 59er9er
Those actuators seem to be about $15 everywhere I look. One of my actuators broke a couple days ago and I considered replacing it but when I noticed that the actuator was actually glued to the carbon rods (I bought my set used) I decided to go for a Night Vapor. It's a shame because I really love flying the Uberlight biplane.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by merc650
I have the itcanfly planes, the pre-cursor to the uberlites and my actuator break all the time, the wire is brittle and they typically break at the coil. what i did to fix one was to file a spot near the break and blobbed a small piece of solder to reconnect the wires, and while i may not of joined the very end of the break, it worked and I'm back in the air.

when my next one dies, I plan on purchasing an actuator not from the same company. Not sure which one, there are a few on http://microflierradio.com and http://maxoffsky.com/hobby-blog/wind...hment/photo-2/ and a bunch of others.

have you thought about muscle wire servos?

I wonder what the ohm is for the actuator, I'll have to test later
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:27 PM

Uberlite actuator question

A friend gave me 2 of these uberlites but neither work and are a bit beat up. One of the actuators looks OK the other had a broken which I able to solder back together however the little block that plugs into the brick is gone. Can I plug directly onto the pins or must I have the little block? Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. RCNutt
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:21 PM
I found some actuators at Micron rc models from the UK for $8.60 each I think. I bought a couple of 1 gram actuators plus the square plugs Shipping was only $2.00. You can e mail them to be sure you get the right ones. RCNutt
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by Petefoss
Look at BSD Micro RC for actuators here in the USA. http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/index.php?categoryID=44
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:33 AM
I wish I had seen this site earlier. I have already sent for a couple of actuators from Micron Wings for $8.60 each. Thanx anyhow. RCNutt