This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 16, 2013, 08:51 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
Discussion

first time canard

This past week i've been building from scratch a canard plane. I have always found them to been interesting and unique. So i started out with the main wing. I wanted to keep this plane small and lite weight, as well as able to operate with a AR6400 brick and possibly 2 aileron servos. To operate the elevator out front i will position the brick vertically and place it on the right hand side of the fuse. Looking for a AUW of 30grms with battery. Glide test with 2 pennies have shown me alot and i have figured out that i have to place the brick mid-fuse and battery up front. Motor is mounted in the rear of the plane in a pusher configuration. Weight dry just plane 14.9 grams. Think after i cut some holes into the wing it will bring the weight down by 2grams or more. I used 6mm aerocell 6mm epp and 3mm depron. the epp i used for the canard clued to that is the 3mm spline that runs aft and is part of the motor mount. I also used 3mm for the elevator halves. The main wing and the fuse side are 6mm aerocell. The bottom i will cover with 3mm epp its lite weight and use it for the strip ailerons. Alone its very flexible but joined with tape to a more rigid surface and it stiffens up nicely. I posted some pics along with this entry to give you an idea of size, ws14"3/4 fuse 9'' long 2" wide at the wing tapering to point at the front of fuse. Also the wing is held on with magnets as you will see in pics. will up date regularly as i progress to the first flight. Fly high, Fly fast and crash pretty
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Have you thought about posting this on the Canard Forum under electric planes?

Looks very nice.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Link added

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post23808570
Last edited by Conehead; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: link added

Quick Reply