Thread Tools
Jan 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
Noob
Torque66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev
So even if is a car DVR and your paying extra $80 for professional hacking service by Foxtech it is still a good deal. Footage in 1080 look awesome. I am gopro die hard but this is good solution for small planes. Hacking, redesigning, reverse engineering are the very core concept of making FPV and many other cool stuff possible.
Yes, I just ordered mine V3
Pretty much... i don't get why people always rag on Fu for where it came from... but now that all the electrical issues have been address what aboot the pink elephant...lens case.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2013, 02:45 PM
Registered User
tushev's Avatar
Yep, Version 3 as well as the previous look more like an art project than a product but I like that.
Jan 26, 2013, 03:58 PM
Registered User
I tried sending a request via your website but received no response.

I have the Horyzon HD v2 and like others my wires have disconnected from the main board. I would like to send the unit back for repair, or replacement. Or if possible pay the difference to receive the V3 or a "naked" gopro.

please let me know of my options.

Thank you
Jan 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
Registered User
Just finished testing out this camera. No complaints at all. I like the fact that it is powered by a separate lipo and is much more aerodynamic than the gopro. I never did liked trying to spin a gopro around with servos. I also found that the camera has a really wide dynamic range. I flew it directly into the sun and could still see the ground perfectly clear.

HoryzonHD v3.0 Review (8 min 36 sec)
Jan 27, 2013, 08:28 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
daronj,
Best Review so far! I could actually understand clearly

thanks for the vid!
Jan 27, 2013, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Bonus could go to a video of ground recording which is a more valuable information as to whether it can replace Fpv cameras.
Jan 27, 2013, 09:04 AM
Registered User
tushev's Avatar
daronj, Really nice review,1080 mode looks much better though.
Jan 27, 2013, 10:35 AM
safer on the ground
teccer1234's Avatar

evening flight


I've just flew my tri late evening / night thinking that the Horyzon wouldn't do a very good job in low light but as you can see it wasn't too bad, I've got the V2 at the moment but as soon as I get back to the UK I'll be ordering the V3 I'm so impressed with the camera

night/evening flight on a beach in Spain (5 min 40 sec)


ray
Jan 27, 2013, 01:36 PM
Registered User
I'm sure somewhere I saw a video from Fu describing how to earth the replacement UHF screened camera module lead (for V1) to the DVR and camera module.

Could someone please point me in the direction of this video?

Thanks
Jan 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
glassfox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque66
Pretty much... i don't get why people always rag on Fu for where it came from... but now that all the electrical issues have been address what aboot the pink elephant...lens case.
haha, I did post why we designed the lens case like that ,you guys will soon understand that,

my idea is to make the smallest FPV HD cam with a pan/tilt,
yes, we designed a pan/tilt for horyzonhd, and I assume to release it in March.
I want to claim again, V3 is a total new design including hardware and software.
it may look like horyzonhd V1, but it's totally different.
I also want to know how people like the photo an video trigger function
thanks
fu
Jan 27, 2013, 08:26 PM
glassfox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by daronj
Just finished testing out this camera. No complaints at all. I like the fact that it is powered by a separate lipo and is much more aerodynamic than the gopro. I never did liked trying to spin a gopro around with servos. I also found that the camera has a really wide dynamic range. I flew it directly into the sun and could still see the ground perfectly clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH8QByGETNM
dear Daronj,
very detailed and nice review,
thank you very much.
Jan 27, 2013, 09:11 PM
Registered User
Thanks, I didn't get to try the photo/video trigger yet. I am installing it on my 2.6m Cularis sailplane. My flights with that plane will be very long so it will be very nice to be able to start and stop the recorder from the ground. Great job on the V3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox
dear Daronj,
very detailed and nice review,
thank you very much.
Jan 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
My planes plow into the field
farmertom's Avatar

Video output power?


Can anyone tell me the power output (Vpp) of the video out of the HoryzonHD camera? That is the output to the video TX. I am having problems with over driven video on my FPV goggles. Just want to make sure that the power output is in spec with the goggles (sorry, but not AIO goggles).
Thanks
farmertom
Jan 28, 2013, 02:06 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson
I'm sure somewhere I saw a video from Fu describing how to earth the replacement UHF screened camera module lead (for V1) to the DVR and camera module.

Could someone please point me in the direction of this video?

Thanks
Fu, please could you show me a link to this video? Thanks.
Jan 28, 2013, 02:40 AM
glassfox's Avatar
this is the pan/tilt prototype that we designed for V3
will upgrade the material though.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Parkzone Ember Review Thread! obiwan22 Micro Ready-to-Fly 1563 Aug 02, 2016 11:51 AM
Yippee! Foxtech HoryzonHD 1080p FPV cam V3 old thread, pleae check the new thread glassfox FPV Equipment 3986 Mar 26, 2014 02:26 PM
Build Log Zagi 33 New form Trick Wings Official Thread Tempest42 Foamies (Kits) 7 Apr 25, 2013 03:12 PM
Sold HoryzonHD 1080p camera for sale thekubiaks FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Jun 01, 2012 06:11 PM