Jan 23, 2016, 08:50 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thread View Post
Could you try to try an alternative flash of the board? Go to the firmware tab with the board disconnected press 'Upgrade', connect the board according to the instructions on screen.

If this does not work. What is the boot-loader version of that board?

You might get better and more responsive help on LibrePilot forums.

/F
i had this issue earlier today and the only i resolved it was by clicking upgrade while cc3d was disconnected. took me an hour to suss it out...then came on to RCG to relax and found this !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks View Post
it must be me. I cannot get the camera stabilisation working on my CC3D using OP 15.02. or Librepilot. I have tried to follow painless 360's vid but I can't seem to activate Ch6 on the outputs menu after I have used the wizard to set up the 4 motor channels. if I go through the process of activating ch6 in the inputs page or tick the camera stabilisation activation box and save the motors will not arm. untick everything and save and the motors arm and work properly again. what could I be doing wrong please?? anybody...
Locoworks.
I had the same problem.
One thing I did last year without knowing it was to not have a fifth wire from the Rx to the CC3D. I just had one for each motor. A fifth has to be there for FMode channel.

John
Jan 28, 2016, 01:41 PM
Get It? - Got It!
I just switched my CC3D Race Quad from OP to LibrePilot and it is flying super - well done!

One question. I am running PPM with OneShot, is it possible to include channel "outputs" with OneShot configured?

Thanks
Jan 28, 2016, 02:28 PM
not sure that your really running one shot, i think you need a serial connection to the fc, "sbus" ect, i could be wrong, also check out the weak leveling mode, rattatude, and acro + , cruse control is nice for flips , makes them much tighter, auto brakes motors when past 90 or set degree
Jan 29, 2016, 12:30 PM
Well I had given up on ever getting my CC3D to do anything but sit there. Not heavy enough for a good paper weight.

I was reading and trying to get it to flash. Said it did but Libre never saw it as anything. I tried the have it unplugged hit upgrade trick today. Worked like a charm. Came up and now Libre sees it as a Coptercontrol. Will have it in a quad by tomorrow.

Now to see if it has the same issue it had under Open Pilot. I could fly it around, hovering here and there for about 5 minutes, then for no reason it would freak out, flip and flop to the ground. Unplug the battery, plug it in, fly for 5 minutes and it repeats. Some time less, but never longer than 5 minutes.

Balanced everything, props, bells, if it spun, I balanced it.

only the CC3D, no GPS, sensors nothing plugged other than the Rx and ESC's

Thanks

Buzz.
Jan 29, 2016, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard View Post
Well I had given up on ever getting my CC3D to do anything but sit there. Not heavy enough for a good paper weight.

I was reading and trying to get it to flash. Said it did but Libre never saw it as anything. I tried the have it unplugged hit upgrade trick today. Worked like a charm. Came up and now Libre sees it as a Coptercontrol. Will have it in a quad by tomorrow.

Now to see if it has the same issue it had under Open Pilot. I could fly it around, hovering here and there for about 5 minutes, then for no reason it would freak out, flip and flop to the ground. Unplug the battery, plug it in, fly for 5 minutes and it repeats. Some time less, but never longer than 5 minutes.

Balanced everything, props, bells, if it spun, I balanced it.

only the CC3D, no GPS, sensors nothing plugged other than the Rx and ESC's

Thanks

Buzz.
note the direction of the flip, you might have an esc or motor that gets locked up, i had one , replaced motors and esc's no problem at all , try the low level mode its cool
Jan 29, 2016, 07:57 PM
Well it is still in one piece. Not a great flight, but i will chalk that up to the wind and me. it was like it was fighting itself to stay in one spot. Sort of over correcting itself. It would give a little bit of right, then it would snap back left then snap to the right. This was in forward, backward, left and right. Yaw was fine that I could see.

The winds were gusty, from 15 to about 25mph. I only flew it because we flew my brothers little Syma in winds that were stronger.

I may go through the calibration again. Maybe I missed something?

Buzz.
Feb 04, 2016, 06:44 PM
I've got a CC3D Atom I'm attempting to get working on my 250 FBL Heli. I've updated to LibrePilot and upgraded the firmware easily enough. There is a two part vid on youtube of someone showing how they successfully got a 450 flying.
I've installed the FC and wired it now have to do the setting in LibrePilot. See how I go.
Feb 04, 2016, 07:20 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
I've got a CC3D Atom I'm attempting to get working on my 250 FBL Heli. I've updated to LibrePilot and upgraded the firmware easily enough. There is a two part vid on youtube of someone showing how they successfully got a 450 flying.
I've installed the FC and wired it now have to do the setting in LibrePilot. See how I go.
That sounds really interesting. I fly helos and quads. Have not fitted a CC3D in a helo yet so I will be most interested to see how this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Links for the YouTube vids please?
Feb 04, 2016, 07:46 PM
Team Crash
Bet bet would be to go to the Librepilot.com forum and post the question there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Feb 04, 2016, 10:33 PM
I started in the hobby flying helis but got into scale planes and the helis sat to gather dust. Recently I built a quad and learned to flying it but for some of my flying I really needed heli. Taking to mothball offs off my FCs were much in need of update but that proved difficult to impossible. Hence the CC3D still to be futher developed.

This guy seems to have done a good job of his vids as far as I've gone. My hardware is installed just gotta see of the programming works. If it doesn't work I can use it on a quad.

If I have probs I think could be solved or it works yeah I'll be on the LibrePilot forum. I've already found the solution for mounting the FC upside down reading though the LibrePilot notes.

CC3D Atom On HK450 Flybarless (2 min 15 sec)

How to setup heli with CC3D Part 1 (7 min 53 sec)

How to setup heli with CC3D Part 2 (7 min 6 sec)
Feb 04, 2016, 11:49 PM
Weather has been so bad, have not been able to get anything in the air. Hope this weekend I can try my quads out. For a test I have my Revo Nano setup in place of my CC3D board. If I have the same unstable flight, I know it is the frame and not the board.

Buzz.
Feb 05, 2016, 02:39 AM
My name is Naga
@Griphin

Thanks for posting.

I understand the helicopter settings are there in LP already. Back in the not so distant days of OP, there was a guy who posted on the OP forum regarding this. He was flying a 450 quite successfully with a CC3D.

Good luck with it.
Last edited by nagas; Feb 05, 2016 at 11:48 AM.
Feb 07, 2016, 07:03 AM
WelI can't find such settings nagas. A lot of it seems pretty individual to the equipment being used so I don't know that one set of setting would work for everyone anyway.

I've played with this while a bit and have the input settings and channels set up. I can see my TX moving now to endpoints and that took awhile to work out. Not sure what I did in the end it just started working. I've got my tail rudder servo working in rate or head holding mode. Not sure which but no response front the swatch servos. In fact I seem to have a very large problem of maybe a short and the ESC is getting VERY hot. Too hot to touch. I might have fried a cheap ESC. I think its the BEC. I've disconnected the tail servo and the motor and it's still happening. All thats left is the cyclic servos and the throttle. It's obviously the output settings from the gyro but I'm not sure what.

Edit: Just after typing that it occurred to me that I couldn't remember what the frequency the servo were at. They're HXT900s so they should be pretty slow. OK for sport flying on the cyclic. 333Hz!!! Copied from the settings in the vid. No bloody wonder things are hot. HK-922 on the tail but I've backed that off to 165Hz.

Its midnight here and I have work tomorrow so I'm going to stop and test it tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be up all night.
Last edited by Griphin; Feb 07, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Feb 07, 2016, 06:35 PM
Learning to build planes.
Hello there. I recently got a revo board and a friend helped me set it up. I had two issues and I wonder if perhaps I got a faulty unit. I'm using it in a delta wing.

1) I set it up and it did work well on the maiden flight. The next time I wanted to flight the telemetry showed the unit at 45%, even tough it was horizontal in the roll axis so it seems that the sensors were sending wrong data. The board was still in place. I had to calibrate again.

2) Sometimes with stable flight on, the servos would go to an extreme position for a few seconds and stop responding, enough for the delta to crash.

Have you seen this before? Thanks :-)

Quick Reply