This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Spam, spam, spampity spam...

What do you call someone with enough tech savvy to spread their message to a bunch of unwilling computer users via other unwilling computer users (i.e., a zombie machine) but not enough brains to market a real product or service?

If you said "a spammer," you get a gold star.

Our beloved RCGroups.com has been getting hit by spambots which promote a site called "Fullmalls.com." They've been particularly active in the comments sections of the product reviews at "The E Zone."

Brand name stuff, impossibly low prices, broken English.

Hi, buddy: The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

I mean, really! How does a mere mortal resist such a siren song?

Fullmalls, it seems, advertises brand name products that it doesn't carry. If you're fortunate, you might get a knockoff sent to you. Otherwise, it's bye-bye bread. Gone. No chance of getting it back since my research says they only accept wire payments despite the claim of PayPal acceptance.

So, the questions are these: Why go through that kind of trouble to promote a ripoff which no one with an IQ above that of a zucchini would reply to? Why not put the same effort into a legit business?

Those are questions best posed by the sociologists, I suppose. In the meantime, enjoy some funny anti-spam cartoons which do a good job of summing up the problem.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jan 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
I keep reporting everyone I see, some get deleted, some don't. I don't know why, but it just irritates me so much I want so scream. Same with email. I have a filter that gets rid of most of them.

Nice rant. I have to agree with you.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Jan 15, 2013, 09:55 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
I keep reporting everyone I see, some get deleted, some don't. I don't know why, but it just irritates me so much I want so scream. Same with email. I have a filter that gets rid of most of them.

Nice rant. I have to agree with you.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Thanks, Orrin. It's such a blatant ripoff that it's almost funny. I say "almost" because I'll bet there are a few people on the planet who order from that site.

At least the bot calls you "buddy." Thoughtful touch.
Jan 16, 2013, 01:50 AM
Сделем Америку Великой Снова
The scam that only somebody with a low iq would fall for might be a decoy. Maybe they're trying to create more zombie computers with a java script for those who go to the site to just look, with java enabled.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jan 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: they're not their...lol
Jan 16, 2013, 10:33 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
The scam that only somebody with a low iq would fall for might be a decoy. Maybe their trying to create more zombie computers with a java script for those who go to the site to just look, with java enabled.
Excellent thought. I figured there might be some kind of malware on that site, so I've never visited it. I'll bet you're right.

Still, it seems insane for such a site to spread the word about itself in that manner. Then again, it's clearly run by a criminal who's operating with impunity.

At least I have it on good authority that live spam monitors over here are responding almost as soon as someone reports a spammer. A filter is in the works as well.

Quick Reply