This thread is privately moderated by chilipecker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 14, 2013, 04:40 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Thread OP
Sold

Vintage Global F7U Cutlass 45 Prop Jet Kit

Hi,
Typical for kits of the time, a wood build up with foam wings, plastic parts/canopy and misc. parts....very complete. This one is NIB, the box has some miles on it, but the contents are in great condition!

I've seen these built as electric prop, EDF, and DF (my favorite was a diesel DF!) Built any way, they always attract attention...
I would imagine these are now damn near impossible to find,don't miss this one!

$150., plus shipping of your choice. I'm in Dallas if you want free pick-up.
Last edited by chilipecker; Jan 18, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2013, 05:16 PM
Trader Rating: 28
Hi Chili,
I had one of these that used a OS 46SF and still have another one thats NIB.
The listed CG is incorrect as it is on the plans. Please tell who ever that purchases this from you to start the CG out at 21 and 1/2 inches from the spinner backplate and go from there.
IIRC, the listed cg was 23 inches and it was WAAAAAY tailheavy and mine did the beautiful "figure 9 ' manouver on its first flight, LOL. After repairs and moving the cg to 21.5 inches, it flew great.
Just a heads up for your buyer.
Thanks and good luck with your sale,
John
Jan 14, 2013, 05:30 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Thread OP
Thanks John! Actually, I already have this info attached to the plans. Lots of these were lost because of that, and it was the only reason this plane had a bad rep! I flew mine for years and it was really a nice flyer. Sold it, this one is/was my back-up.
Jan 16, 2013, 08:55 PM
Trader Rating: 9
PM sent!

Quick Reply