Jan 14, 2013, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Do all radios center servos the same

I am programming my DX7 with my programs I have in my DX6i's. I made sure all the program fields are identical ( trims, sub trims, mixes, duel rates and expo etc). When bound, to the DX6i, all control surfaces are perfectly aligned with their respective trailing edges. When I bind the DX7 with the exact same program to the same plane, the surfaces are a bit off, maybe 2 or 3 clicks of trim one way or another. Is this normal? They are not way off but I thought it odd that they weren't the same. Your help is appreciated.
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2013, 09:59 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Do all radios center servos the same
Nope, the difference between my DX8 and DX18 is visible during buddy box / trainer. You can see the change on the servo monitor when the controls are given to the DX8.

Channel pulse for example use 900ms to 2100ms for one end to the other with 1500ms being center, due to variances in pots and what ever you could have radio that center is 1515ms or 1490ms. This would show up when you have a second radio with these values slightly different. In other words VERY NORMAL.
Jan 14, 2013, 10:00 AM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemo99
I am programming my DX7 with my programs I have in my DX6i's. I made sure all the program fields are identical ( trims, sub trims, mixes, duel rates and expo etc). When bound, to the DX6i, all control surfaces are perfectly aligned with their respective trailing edges. When I bind the DX7 with the exact same program to the same plane, the surfaces are a bit off, maybe 2 or 3 clicks of trim one way or another. Is this normal? They are not way off but I thought it odd that they weren't the same. Your help is appreciated.
Steve
Servos don't have a neutral (you probably realize this). They simply go where they are told by the transmitter, via the receiver. So any issues you are having occur at the transmitter. It is likely that the calibration of the two transmitters may be very slightly different (though in my experience Spektrum transmitters are quite accurately calibrated).

To test this, set up a blank model on each transmitter, do a data reset to make sure they are truly blank, and then use each transmitter in turn to drive the same plane. You will quickly see any differences.

A slight variation in calibration is no big deal. All you need to do is note the subtrim adjustment needed for each channel to make it the same as the other transmitter, then apply those amount when setting up a new model or adjusting your current ones.

Quick Reply