This thread is privately moderated by Roen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by Roen
Discussion

My recent projects...

Hello all. I just thought I'd share what I have been up to in the RC flying world.

I have recently installed a set of custom lights kit on my Exceed RC F/A-18F Super Hornet. Added the usual navigation lights and the scale triple blink strobe anti-collision lights as seen on the real 'Rhinos'. It's about as close to scale as I can get it. The real Super Hornet's triple blink strobes would have a 3 second delay in between the flashes.

Exceed RC F/A-18F Maxilights demo (1 min 1 sec)

Also, I have recently purchased a new ExceedRC Concept X kit all customized to my specs.

It's equipped with a 4S 14.8V 3000mah Turnigy battery, 80A FlyFun Opto ESC, ExceedRC 3V/5A BEC, 4 Detrum 9g servos plus a stock servo off my old plane for the rudder, and ultimately my new 64mm RCLander DPS/MBS 10-blade 3300KV EDF unit pulling about 67A at 1420 watts.

These pictures were taken while I was on "watch" at work in my Navy squadron VFA-87. Decided to bring my jet along with me to finish up on the paint sealant I was working on before leaving the house. Can't wait to bring it up in the air when weather permits.
Last edited by Roen; Jan 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
Find More Posts by GBLynden
I love RC!
Those lights are awesome!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:40 AM
Find More Posts by Roen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Those lights are awesome!
Thank you!