May 25, 2013, 03:44 AM
Pronounced "High Duck"
Thread OP

Glider Wing Center Section

The glider wing itself will be attached to the fuselage with rubber-bands so the center section is fully sheeted. The center section is built around a sturdy 1/8" Baltic Birch Ply dihedral brace / wing joiner / spar. The assembly is quite rugged.
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2013, 08:55 AM
Play that funky music right
You have more talent in the tip of your pinky finger than I have in my whole body! Yet another stroke of genius on your part. I do think you have found your calling

Ken
May 25, 2013, 11:16 PM
Pronounced "High Duck"
Thread OP

Glider Wing Inner Panels

Wow Ken, what a compliment! I appreciate that.

Spent some more time this afternoon working on the 3D structure for the Powered Glider Wing. There will be a left and right inner and outer wing panel with polyhedral. Each panel keys onto a 1/8" baltic birch ply brace. Many more parts to assemble than the sport combat wing.

Got a good promotional video for the glider version this afternoon too.

Powered Glider Version: (5 min 2 sec)
SnickerSnee Powered Glider (5 min 2 sec)
Last edited by haiduk; May 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM.
May 28, 2013, 01:43 PM
Pronounced "High Duck"
Thread OP
There are a couple "gotcha's" with the outer wing panel build. It is possible to build two of the same wings. Care must be take to build a left and right wing panel.

The outer wing panels are built like the inner panels with a couple exceptions. First, there is only one truss box on the inner end of the wing panel. Second, the outer wing panel tapers so the ribs gradually get shorter toward the tips.

Now to get the plans drawn for the glider wing and finish getting this into kit production.
May 29, 2013, 08:48 AM
Play that funky music right
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduk
There are a couple "gotcha's" with the outer wing panel build. It is possible to build two of the same wings. Care must be take to build a left and right wing panel.
Just like every kit or scratch build I've ever done. Of course I've never built two right wing panels

Mighty fine looking work there haiduk

Ken
Jun 04, 2013, 12:51 AM
Pronounced "High Duck"
Thread OP
I finished with my first draft of the plans for the Powered Glider wing. Bet you can't find any spelling errors! (yes, that's a challenge)

Warning! Very large PDF (30mb) Broadband connection recommended.
SnickerSnee-Powered Glider.PDF

Quick Reply