Jan 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
gettin' there
Discussion

Noob Help - Installing an outrunner on HT-FPV

Hi all,

I've been trawling youtube and forums to get an understanding of how to install an outrunner on a HT-FPV (actually a clone: spacewalk 550).

I'm noob enough to be surprised that it seems the big part of the motor spins (very different from my RC cars!).

So I have attached two photos. The first is how I think it should go together. The second includes some parts (at the bottom) that I am not sure where they belong.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. How do I install an outrunner on the HT-FPV frame?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 12:07 PM
"woof"
Hello,
Yes that is the correct setup. As far as the parts on the bottom:
1)The black circles are prop adapters incase the prop hole is too big for your shaft.
2)The other piece is another prop adapter.
3)The black X is a motor mount. This is usually used for airplanes mounting to a firewall. You won't need it on this frame.

THe three wires coming from the motor go to your ESC. If your motor spins backwards, swap 2 of the 3 wires. DO NOT swap the red and black from the ESC to the Battery. Swap the wires from ESC to Motor.

hope that helps.
2dogrc
Jan 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
gettin' there
Excellent. Thank you very much!