Walicki Scalpen butterfly system - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2013, 06:48 AM
Discussion

Walicki Scalpen butterfly system

Hello everybody,

I finaly own a Walicki Scalpen (marblehead), great boat and ready for any competition. BUT, the transmitter (Spektrum DX6) has broken and now I have to program my new Transmitter the Spektrum DX7s for de Walicki.

Can any one help me, how does the butterfly system on the Walicki work, is it run by servo or winch? And how do you program it in the transmitter, I mean how does the Butterfly system know to go to the right or the left?

Hope someone can help me.

From a windy Holland,

regards,

Wim
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 10:45 AM
first of all you need to see how many winches in the boat and what there moving a picture may help!
Jan 12, 2013, 02:41 PM
The butterfly system is purely mechanical. It is not operated by a dedicated servo or winch. The spring is loaded and released by the travel of the sheet line. You can contact Janus by email. The manufacturer is always the best source for product information.
Last edited by Tom Corbett; Jan 12, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Jan 13, 2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Corbett
The butterfly system is purely mechanical. It is not operated by a dedicated servo or winch. The spring is loaded and released by the travel of the sheet line. You can contact Janus by email. The manufacturer is always the best source for product information.
Well see Janusz

Or you can call him with phone. Janusz is peaking English wery well. If you need, I can send you phone number with pm.

Ulli
Jan 13, 2013, 11:22 AM
For those that might not be sure what a Butterfly system is, Here it is on a Marblehead 50/800:

Walicki Skalpel 3733 Servo and butterfly demo (0 min 17 sec)
Mar 25, 2017, 09:03 PM

Help Needed

Can anyone assist me to redo the lines on My Skapel 9 regards Trev Australia
Mar 25, 2017, 10:13 PM

link to article

link to article on Skapel rigging
Mike
https://www.theamya.org/my/138-SampleWebEdition0801.pdf

Mar 26, 2017, 02:29 AM
Note: to new people reading this old thread, Janus Walicki passed in Jun 2015 and his business did not continue. Great boats with incredible engineered fittings - a work of art.
Mar 26, 2017, 07:05 PM
So what does the butterfly system do? Is it a jib twitcher?
Mar 26, 2017, 07:35 PM
The butterfly flips the jib to the other side so the boat is wing and wing and holds it there. I think it activates off the main sheet travel. I have one, but have not looked at it close enough to figure out how it works.
Oct 12, 2017, 02:50 AM
FRD
FRD

Walicki butterfly

If anyone has a Walicki Butterfly in working condition i will buy it. contact me at www.frankrusselldesign.com