Jan 11, 2013, 11:23 PM
Discussion

1700mm FMS P-47 connection for external BEC.

I'm not sure about the connection for the external BEC. It's wired into ESC, and has a red/black receiver type connector. Do I plug this connector to my receiver? And if so do I have to disconnect the red wire from the ESC throttle connector? My receiver is a 6 channel spektrum,and has a bind/data port available. Would this be where I plug the BEC into? Thanks for any help.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnystevens
I'm not sure about the connection for the external BEC. It's wired into ESC, and has a red/black receiver type connector. Do I plug this connector to my receiver? And if so do I have to disconnect the red wire from the ESC throttle connector? My receiver is a 6 channel spektrum,and has a bind/data port available. Would this be where I plug the BEC into? Thanks for any help.
Yes you have to take the red wire out , you need to use a Y connector and plug the esc into one and the BEC into the other and plug it into the throttle on your receiver. You also can Y it into other servos as well
Jan 12, 2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the help.
Sep 10, 2013, 12:06 PM
Wait whoaaa if he is using a spectrum well anyway if you have a open bind/data port you just plug into that
Sep 10, 2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjack71
Wait whoaaa if he is using a spectrum well anyway if you have a open bind/data port you just plug into that
I dont think you can do that. Your going to send it into bind mode
Sep 10, 2013, 04:06 PM
No, he wont, trust me that's how I set up mine. You have two options, you can either do the y connector, strip wire, etc. etc. or you can plug into your bind/data port. Remember all you are doing is using a separate power source for you control surfaces in case of an ESC failure you can still have "dead stick" control of ailerons, rudder, elevator and gear. Setting it up like I described is also called OPTO. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1410470. There is a good explanation of what I am talking about here.To send it into bind mode you would have to jumper a loop onto the port and also hit your bind key at the same time. You will not bind doing that because you are not using a "looped" jumper, aka a bind key and hopefully your not hitting your bind key, which if you did, would not bind anything because you are not using your bind key.
Sep 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis
I dont think you can do that. Your going to send it into bind mode
I use spectrum and mine is plugged in the bind/data port and it works just fine. And I didn't pull out the red wire for the ESC.
Sep 10, 2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Racer 9
I use spectrum and mine is plugged in the bind/data port and it works just fine. And I didn't pull out the red wire for the ESC.
Exactly. You do not want to remove any wires for that. You did it exactly right. This is a true OPTO connection. In order for it to bind you must use a bind key which is a loop. You can power through any channel on your receiver. I have powered through aileron,aux,elevator in order to bind before. What you are doing is using your bind/data as the power port to your receiver, and creating a circuit that is independent of your ESC in case of power failure to your ESC/Motor.