Jan 11, 2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
Something is broken and needs to be fixed.
How do you fix human nature Bill?
Jan 11, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sweeper Nut
The press is saying the shooter was bullied, although that is NO excuse to do something like this...bullies are a BIG problem in our society and have to be dealt with.
Jan 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
The problem is the constant and willful misidentification of the real issue by the hoplophobes. Fix that and maybe we cam move forward towards a solution.
Jan 11, 2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
How do you fix human nature Bill?
Margaret Sanger knew, and her pride and joy was responsible for almost a million of them last year.
Jan 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
Not watchin from the sideline

This happened at a school and people actually died...

Quote:
Yet another shooting?

Of course the guntoters are going to say it wasn't the gun. Point your finger, flip your thumb and say "bang bang bang yer dead!" will do it every time.

--Bill
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-attack...ry?id=17850605
This one is especially bad since it was at a college and happened on Nov 30. He killed his father with a bow and arrow and faculty with pointy objects. total of three.

But of course you wouldnt care since it wasn't a gun.
Jan 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
Oh my god . Get some security already or something

http://www.news10.net/news/article/2...e-with-shotgun
You know (of course you do) that some of us suggested just that, but the hoplophobes laughed and said it won't work.
Jan 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Quote:
Yet another shooting?

Of course the guntoters are going to say it wasn't the gun. Point your finger, flip your thumb and say "bang bang bang yer dead!" will do it every time.

--Bill

I'm sorry to break this bit of reality and bad news to you... I hope you're sitting down...

Ahem,.... It can't be fixed.
Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaman
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-attack...ry?id=17850605
This one is especially bad since it was at a college and happened on Nov 30. He killed his father with a bow and arrow and faculty with pointy objects. total of three.

But of course you wouldnt care since it wasn't a gun.
How insulting and unjustified, Yeaman!

Do you have any evidence to support such a personal insult?
Jan 11, 2013, 11:38 AM
Reserved Parking
Quote:

--Bill
The mental health industry issues, and in this case bullying issues, are likely not going to be fixed overnight. Especially when the discussion is focused on guns rather than these problems.
Jan 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
Restful User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
How insulting and unjustified, Yeaman!

Do you have any evidence to support such a personal insult?
Par for the course, Norman, Par for the course.

--Bill
Jan 11, 2013, 02:04 PM
Restful User
Guntoter Terrorist threat averted:
Quote:
Dad charged with making terroristic threats after testing school’s safety system

A North Texas father’s attempt to test the safety response of his child’s school had an unintended consequence—for the father. After walking into the school saying he was a gunman, the unarmed Ron Miller has been charged with making "terroristic threats" at Celina Elementary School.

According to Celina school district superintendent Donny O'Dell, Miller approached a greeter at the school and told her: “I am a gunman. My target is inside of the building. I'm going in the building. You stop me." Added O’Dell to local news station WFAA: “They recognized, at that point, that he did not have a weapon and they were able to go ahead and tell him to leave"...

Meanwhile, Miller, who was arrested on Wednesday night after being charged with making terroristic threats—a third-degree felony—was released on $75,000 bail....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
Would have been a situation if the new TSA-trained Security Officer had "whipped out their gun and blew him away". Hopefully, if he does have a firearm permit it will be revoked and as a further security measure his guns need ot be confisticated pending a thorough psych evaluation. These nutters cannot be allowed to continue.

--Bill
Jan 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Yah, that's irrational, worrying about his kid's safety. He should have blindly trusted the school's security just like the parents at Columbine and Sandy Hook.

What "TSA officer"? You read some different article? Had there been one, maybe he wouldn't have done what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Said O’Dell, “We found some glitches … some things we need to work on. Of course, none of this ever takes place when you expect it to, so human response to certain situations is not always perfect because we're not perfect."

Some parents felt that the school should have treated the incident more seriously, especially in the wake of the recent tragic shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. A Celina parent, Abby Hall, told the local station, "The steps should have been taken and it should have been my choice on whether or not I picked my kid up early.”
Looks like he wasn't too far wrong, except in how he went about it.
Jan 11, 2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah, he didn't really think that one through. Of course, trying for the emotional responses by suggesting what might have happened is silly, since we've been told that armed guards in schools would be ineffective.
Jan 11, 2013, 03:13 PM
Reserved Parking
Quote:
Guntoter Terrorist threat averted:

--Bill
The article expressly says he was unarmed, how does that make it "Guntoter Terrorist threat averted" and not "Non-guntoter Terrorist threat averted"???
Jan 11, 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
The article expressly says he was unarmed, how does that make it "Guntoter Terrorist threat averted" and not "Non-guntoter Terrorist threat averted"???
Emotions > logic.

Quick Reply