This thread is privately moderated by Mendo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
Trader Rating: 68
Thread OP
Sold

Vintage Skyglass Sun Fli IV NIB

I have a NIB Skyglass Sun Fli IV I am selling. It was stored correctly since it was originally purchased. Great old pattern design. I am asking $120 shipped conus. Thanks for looking.

Updated. I took some photos and it seems that this is not just the glass and cores, it is a full kit. Comes with all the sheeting, gear blocks, glass cloth, formers and firewall installed. It also appears that back in 1977 when this was purchased new an engine was probably fitted, as there is a motor mount and the fuse has been rough cut for an install. It was not touched at all beyond that point. Everything appears to be in perfect shape and untouched since 1977 when my father bought this kit new. I have a feeling he was fitting it for a .60 and set it aside shortly after as he had a newborn baby to deal with a few months after this kit was ordered.

Mendo
Last edited by Mendo; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 PM
Trader Rating: 602
Love the smell of Pactra Dope!
I think this is it!
Jan 10, 2013, 10:32 PM
Trader Rating: 98
Yes, that was Joe's personal Sun Fli IV. Same pic was on cover of an RC Modeler issue. Plane flew very well, and had a more balanced look than the Kaos that Joe designed right after this plane.

Dave
Jan 10, 2013, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Nice pic of Mr Bridi's Sun Fli IV! Someone should give this classic a good home, it deserves it.

Mendo
Jan 10, 2013, 11:41 PM
Trader Rating: 207
Registered Glue Sniffer
Hey Mendo,
Does this kit have anything besides glass and foam?

Wing blocks, hardware, gear wire, firewall, canopy, etc.?
also is shipping to Iowa fine with you.
Dave
Jan 11, 2013, 12:06 AM
Thread OP
Dave, I believe it is just the fuse and cores but I will take a look tomorrow and get better pics taken as its in my storage and I can say for sure what the kit has. I honestly forget lol. As far as shipping anywhere lower 48 is ok.

Mendo
Jan 11, 2013, 09:08 AM
Trader Rating: 602
Love the smell of Pactra Dope!
Do the plans show room in the wings for retracts?
Jan 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
Trader Rating: 96
Why you type so loud?
I would guess they do not. The RCM plans do not show retracts.
I can be done though. I added retracts to a Sun Fli 5. Major PITA.
The main problem is the fuse height behind the firewall. Not enough space for a tank and a nose wheel. - Unless you get creative.

Excellent flying plane for SPA though.
Jan 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
Thread OP
Joe, the kit is in my storage at the moment. I havent set eyes on it for a few months. I will drop by my storage today and take more pics of the contents. I dont believe it was designed with retracts in mind though.

Mendo
Jan 11, 2013, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
Thread updated with info and new pictures

Mendo
Jan 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
Traded to Dave.

Thanks Dave, you will love the Sun Fli!

Matt