Jan 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Starting FPV with a flying wing?

It's likely the subject has been addressed already but may be you may spare me some research time. THANKS. Flying routinely flying wings since years I am looking forward to FPV. I happen to have a Grim Reaper to build but I read that flying wings aren't the best choice to start FPV. Should I go on with the Grim Reaper or scratch build a dual boom pusher with the EPP wings I have in stock?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2013, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
Lots of people doing fpv on wings. Maybe check in the fpv or flying wing forum se tigons for more details and help.
Jan 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
AMA 937634
If you know how to fly a wing already then adding FPV to it isn't a problem as long as the wing can handle the additional weight and you get your CoG correct.

I started FPV with a Reaper and really enjoyed it! The wing is large enough for the extra batteries and equipment and is tough enough to take a bounce on the ground and then toss back into the air for another flight. I have scratched a GoPro lens that had to be replaced but otherwise the plane is still flying.

-Mike
Mar 23, 2014, 09:49 PM
Agreed. If you can already fly a wing then just dive right in to FPV. Its really quite easy, just make sure you keep an eye on your speed to avoid a stall. Apart from that I find FPV easier than line of sight.

Quick Reply