gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Amazing !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2018, 10:56 AM
Scratch building addict
Amazing works of art. A ray might be next plane.

Sort of related, buy maybe just by name, years ago I made my "Manta", a wing with shape based on this alsomitra seed which can glide hundreds of yards.

I still have the model which flew very high at low throttle, but I messed with the cg and made it a bit too heavy. There is something magic about the shape.

Botanical Record breaker:

https://www2.palomar.edu/users/warmstrong/ww0601c.htm
Apr 16, 2018, 12:57 PM
Scratch building addict

Little Manta

My old little 2S manta, complete with dust, bast on zanonia seed, this thing floated higher than anything I have on very low throttle.

But if I remember correctly I had a porpoising problem, the little tips went up at an angle the idea was to give a bit of both reflex and dihedral, perhaps that was causing porpoising?

Anyways I made the nose longer here and moved CG forward but there was still porpoising I think and it got less floaty.

Sorry no desire to change the subject I just thought it a bit related and not worthy of a new thread.

Quick Reply