New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:59 AM
Oztravels is offline
Find More Posts by Oztravels
Registered User
Can I add to this questions list?

1. If connected to the FC will it be powered by the FC? If not powered by the FC I assume it will need its own power source (what should it be)

2. With the right TX/RX will the gimbal be able to be panned/tilt from the TX?

Sorry for the newbie questions : )


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
Hein,

My humble "understanding" is as follows;

1. How do I connect it to my APM2.5+ (Diydrones autopilot)? - there is no need, but you can take input from your autopilot for gimbal pitch or also for stabilisation if you wish (albeit no need)
2. Does it have a PC board that control the motors directly? No need for speed controllers? - PC board, designed by Alex Moss from Russia which has a very good reputation so far
3. Does it also have a processor that includes gyro's and accelerometers? I need more info on what is included? - Yes, that is what is on the board from Alex Moss

I hope this helps
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:19 AM
Greg Covey is offline
Find More Posts by Greg Covey
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
Wind_of_Change,

Do you have a link to one of your 3D videos? It sounds quite interesting.

Oztravels,

I assume that you meant to say GC (or Gimbal Controller) not FC (Flight Controller). There is no way you want to connect the YUN-I to your FC for power. The assumption is that the YUN-I GC will connect to the flight pack directly or through a separate regulator.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:41 PM
Darrens is offline
Find More Posts by Darrens
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztravels View Post
Can I add to this questions list?

1. If connected to the FC will it be powered by the FC? If not powered by the FC I assume it will need its own power source (what should it be)

2. With the right TX/RX will the gimbal be able to be panned/tilt from the TX?

Sorry for the newbie questions : )

Let me stress that I haven't seen one yet, but from the wiring diagram I saw posted somewhere, I could suggest the following;

1. It is independently powered but i cant remember the voltage range sorry. You can connect to your FC for stabilisation if you want to, but there is no need and I am anticipating that will reduce the performance over the purpose design control board.
2. There is no pan as this is a 2 axis gimbal. The wiring diagram did show a channel feed from your RX and I assume this is for tilt control as there is no other need for a single channel input.

I hope this helps

Darren
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:05 PM
Oztravels is offline
Find More Posts by Oztravels
Registered User
Brilliant! Thanks for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
Let me stress that I haven't seen one yet, but from the wiring diagram I saw posted somewhere, I could suggest the following;

1. It is independently powered but i cant remember the voltage range sorry. You can connect to your FC for stabilisation if you want to, but there is no need and I am anticipating that will reduce the performance over the purpose design control board.
2. There is no pan as this is a 2 axis gimbal. The wiring diagram did show a channel feed from your RX and I assume this is for tilt control as there is no other need for a single channel input.

I hope this helps

Darren
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:53 PM
Wind_of_Change is offline
Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
More Combat Please!
Wind_of_Change's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post
Wind_of_Change,

Do you have a link to one of your 3D videos? It sounds quite interesting.

Oztravels,
You can check out my YouTube channel here:

BIRD'S EYE VIDEOS

I just started filming in 3D a few months ago, and have enough killer footage for several films, but haven't edited any because I'm still trying to get through a terabyte of shots from the previous months 2D work. But check it out and subscribe so you can be notified when the 3D stuff goes online in a month or so. Some of the 3D stuff I've got is stunning.

I can't wait to get a DDG gimbal. It's gonna make all the difference in my multi-rotor work.
Last edited by Wind_of_Change; Mar 02, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:13 AM
Matt Gunn is online now
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Already subbed to your channel; you have such beautiful scenery for flying out there!
Administrator
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:09 PM
LucioleMC30 is offline
Find More Posts by LucioleMC30
ToucanWings.fr
LucioleMC30's Avatar
Tomorrow is march 4, too bad FPV Model doesn't come up with another video showing the horizon issue solved, i was going to buy this gimbal but now prefer to wait for something I can be sure of..
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:48 PM
Greg Covey is offline
Find More Posts by Greg Covey
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
Wind_of_Change,

Thanks, I remember you now from the FPV forums. Very nice stuff!

LucioleMC30,

It can't hurt to wait, especially if you have reservations. I am hoping to see more information and specs on the YUN-I soon.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:16 PM
MauiNate is offline
Find More Posts by MauiNate
Registered User
I'll be waiting for the second version...
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:43 PM
Wind_of_Change is offline
Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
More Combat Please!
Wind_of_Change's Avatar
I'm just praying I didn't make a huge mistake by ordering because I know the Alexmos Viacopter version will be available in a month or so, and that one will work for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't post more videos like we asked.

I'm hoping the beta testers who get the finished product and test it will be verbal about their experience. Maybe that'll happen soon enough that I can cancel the order if FPV Model fails to deliver what they have promised.

If you're a beta tester and the horizon tilt just doesn't work, please, for the love of FPV, post your experience so the rest of us don't get ripped off.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
vip is offline
vip
Find More Posts by vip
vip
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
I'm just praying I didn't make a huge mistake by ordering because I know the Alexmos Viacopter version will be available in a month or so, and that one will work for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't post more videos like we asked.

I'm hoping the beta testers who get the finished product and test it will be verbal about their experience. Maybe that'll happen soon enough that I can cancel the order if FPV Model fails to deliver what they have promised.

If you're a beta tester and the horizon tilt just doesn't work, please, for the love of FPV, post your experience so the rest of us don't get ripped off.
I would be patient, I saw another guys post with similar product that he solved horizon tilt just by reducing gains, I would not assume there is a problem.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:27 PM
Stacky is offline
Find More Posts by Stacky
Pants first, then shoes
I see the pre order period finishes today, is there any word on how long till the beta testers start to report back?. Have the Beta testers got units yet?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:45 PM
Darrens is offline
Find More Posts by Darrens
Registered User
Not me, I'm still waiting to hear
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:03 PM
fpvmodels is online now
Find More Posts by fpvmodels
YUN-I on 3D HELI. (9 min 37 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:30 AM
Daloaf is offline
Find More Posts by Daloaf
SkyHi Aerial
Daloaf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Thanks for posting another video. I think putting the Yun-1 on a 3D heli is some extreme stress testing for a camera gimbal, especially at the speeds and G's that it was flying at. And for the most part, it looked pretty good in those conditions. I think it will look great on a attitude stabilized hex or quad.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Super Simple Gimbal - SSG - KK2.1 & OpenPilot support crezzee Aerial Photography 1672 Jul 01, 2016 06:42 AM
Alert HOBBYWING SKYWALKER QUATTRO RC Model 20A x4 Brushless Speed Controller ESC szewang2805 Hot Online Deals 3 Sep 18, 2012 09:30 PM
New Product JCX-M6 Flight Controller for RC Airplane RC Model Plane FPV Fixed-wing Airplane wenney2009 FPV Talk 3 Jun 19, 2012 06:10 AM
Sold NTSC Sony CCD camera + Gimballed mount + Patch antenna and Simple OSD spbalaj FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 12, 2012 09:14 PM
New Product The ROME Board or Smallest Simple Brushed/Brushless Motors Controller 26*27mm Doblao Multirotor Talk 36 Apr 02, 2012 09:23 AM