SimpleBGC stands for Simple Brushless Gimbal Controller--FPV MODEL

Complete KIT YUN-I http://www.fpvmodel.com/SBGC.html

Gimbal structure + Special Motor + Simple BGC

YUN-I Brushless Gimbal Controller
http://www.fpvmodel.com/yuni-brushle...ller_p569.html

Alex is the founder of this project, From Russia

Upgrade your YUN BGC to V2 Now
Alexmos teach you how to operate the new assistance

YUN Brushless Gimbal Controller Instruction V2-a 2 way of Calib.Acc (2 min 42 sec)

YUN Brushless Gimbal Controller Instruction V2-b Motor Configuration (3 min 39 sec)

YUN Brushless Gimbal Controller Instruction V2-c P.I.D setting (4 min 45 sec)

YUN Brushless Gimbal Controller Instruction V2-d RC Setting (4 min 32 sec)

YUN Brushless Gimbal Controller Instruction V2-e Meun Button (3 min 26 sec)

The principle of the camera stabilization using brushless direct drive motors

In fact, gimbal based on BLDC motors is very similar to regular gimbal based on hobby servo. The main difference - each axis of rotation passes through the center of gravity (CG) of the "Camera + frame" system and rigidly connected to the BLDC motor. The absence of gear - a fundamental point that lets you use the inertia of the system is not to harm, but for good. In case of ideal balance of the camera, the rotor rotates freely without resistance and even without need of applying extra control force, which allows the camera to unleash from the disturbance from UAV frame. In addition, there is no backlash inherent gears or belts.
BLDC motor works not in its usual mode, but as an DC-electromagnet generating high torque to hold camera. Therefore it is NECESSARY to rewind motor with thinner wire to increase its resistance and torque. Recommendations for winding motors of different sizes are collected in section Electronic / Motors.

To control the motors, a special controller was designed. It receives information from gyroscopes and accelerometers mounted on the camera platform. A standard IMU algorithm is used to define camera inclination angles. With the remote control, operator sets desired tilt angle. PID-controller calculates the amount of compensation and send command to the power unit, which controls the current in the windings and thus the direction of the vector of magnetic field in the stator. Magnetic field moves the rotor to the right position.

Due to using IMU, mechanical part of the system is a very simple. There is no need in complex and expensive high-definition encoders for each axis. Just mount tiny IMU board on the camera platform, connect wires to controller and motors and all done!

It will give impressive quality of stabilization compared to regular servos.

Basic requirements for the mechanical design of gimbal frame:

The possibility of precise balancing on three axes. The better the balance, the lower the current need for stabilization.
Mechanical rigidity of bearing elements to prevent resonances from working propellers in flight
Minimizing friction in the joints. The better the gimbal axis are unleashed from UAV camera platform, the less effort is required from the engine to stabilize
Elimination of vibrations from the main UAV frame. The vibrations have a negative impact on the quality of the video. But another negative effect in this system is that vibration will lead to self-excitation of the closed-loop controller.
News
YUN-I on 3D HELI. (9 min 37 sec)

My new GoPro gimbal indoor test (1 min 18 sec)

We are glad to introduce the new product YUN-MSP(Mobile Stability Platform)
YUN MSP for Horny dog (6 min 4 sec)

YUN-MSP on Scooter (3 min 29 sec)

-------------------

• The gimbal structure is complete for mass production
• The motors are complete for mass production.
• The YUN-Simple BGC PCB board is complete for mass production
• The new interface software is 90% complete.
• The packaging of YUN-I is in production.
• The casing for the YUN-Simple BGC is in production.
YUN-I are start shipping for pre-order customer

Manual and software please download from the link below:
http://yun.fpvmodel.com/download/index.html

Sincerely,

FPV Model Group
2013/Feb/13
Last edited by fpvmodels; Jun 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
It will be two version of the controller.
Price for the controller for the brushless gimbal will be about 150USD-230USD
Just come back from my lab, the result are amazing,
1the controller we going to offer will be based on Simple BGC but easier to use, USB intergrated mature product,
2 assistant software will be easy to install to your computer like NAZA,
3 the gimbal will adapt most of the camera under 200g with adjustable CG function, we will start pre-order very soon, please follow us on fpvmodel.com
Last edited by fpvmodels; Jan 22, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
Jan 07, 2013, 05:39 PM
Dibs on one from the first batch!
Jan 07, 2013, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Any ballpark on pricing yet?
Jan 07, 2013, 07:45 PM
:)
Very interesting!

Will you also scale it down for a GoPro? To be lighter and more compact?

Cheers.
Jan 07, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sounds interesting. I wonder what the price range will be
Jan 08, 2013, 04:23 AM
Thread OP
It will be two version of the controller.for smaller gimbal( gopro, smart camera) and for big gimbal( Cannon 5D level)
Price for the controller for the brushless gimbal will be about 150USD-230USD only!!
Jan 08, 2013, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
the gopro size gimbal whole solution will coming out first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
Very interesting!

Will you also scale it down for a GoPro? To be lighter and more compact?

Cheers.
Jan 08, 2013, 04:59 AM
When do you think the GoPro version will be ready for sale?
Jan 08, 2013, 05:05 AM
:)
Good news on the GoPro front thanks.

Will keep an eye on these.

Cheers.
Jan 08, 2013, 05:10 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels
It will be two version of the controller.for smaller gimbal( gopro, smart camera) and for big gimbal( Cannon 5D level)
Price for the controller for the brushless gimbal will be about 150USD-230USD only!!
How much for the gimbal with motors?
Jan 08, 2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
How much for the gimbal with motors?
Yes, I hope the whole set (controller + gimbal + motors) for gopro model will not higher than $350.
Jan 08, 2013, 05:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhorse
Yes, I hope the whole set (controller + gimbal + motors) for gopro model will not higher than $350.
I'll be surprised if its not more. Most gimbals in this range run $500-1000+
Jan 08, 2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
I'll be surprised if its not more. Most gimbals in this range run $500-1000+
Because I'm on a tight budget, If the whole system over 400, I may choose Ecilop or something like that...
Jan 08, 2013, 06:52 AM
Do you have a rough idea how much the larger version will weigh?

Quick Reply