Jan 07, 2013, 01:46 AM
Mini-Review

Dual Push tail rotor [ Ebay ]

Got a dual push tail rotor from icemodel2009

One of these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-dual-pus...item41693646ee

Now the dual push assembly costs $ , and overall I thought it cheaper to buy an entire Tail rotor assembly ..

I havent used this one as yet , just consider it a very close examination ..
Over all it seems fairly good , the dual push assembly has minimal play , and the only complaint for the assembly is the tail rotor shaft play . There is an excessive amount of it , that would most likely result in tail rotor vibration .

After dis assembly , I found the bearings to be good , but the bearing housings in the side panels [ assemblies ] to be oversize . The the play was the bearing moving in the housing .. There is a spreader bar at the very end , I shortened this a little , and it helped to tighten up the tail rotor , to much and the bearings would be a crush fit , and destroy themselves in short order .

The cure would be to remove the slop fit in the housing ..

But I was able to halve the play ..

Overall a very nice tail rotor , just a shame about the oversize bearing housings .
If the bearing housing issue was fixed , this would be a brilliant upgrade for the money , but as is , I rate this Buyer Beware !

As time permits , I will swap this tail rotor assembly into one of my 450's and see if it has vibration issues ..
Last edited by old4570; Jan 07, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply