Jan 06, 2013, 09:30 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Thread OP
Discussion

Man with Gun Shoots, Kills Man with Gun.

Rockhurst University security officer fatally shoots man

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
A man is dead after being shot Thursday afternoon by a Rockhurst University security officer.

The shooting occurred about 3 p.m. following a wreck in the area of 51st Street and Troost Avenue.

The man killed allegedly tried to carjack someone following a minor crash involving his vehicle and a second vehicle. He was rushed to the hospital where he died from his injuries.

Witnesses told police hat the man started waving his handgun at bystanders and even chased a doctor who was in the area and offered his assistance initially following the crash.

The security officer responded to the scene after learning about the crash. The officer fired his weapon once after the man pointed the gun at him, according to Kansas City police.

Rockhurst's security force is armed, according to their website.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:02 PM
In a widow with Grumpy cat.
Looks like the guard did his job. I have no problem with that. What's the background on the perp?
Latest blog entry: Later peeps
Jan 06, 2013, 10:30 PM
Don't look at me like that....
Great story. Ended as it should have.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:32 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
Great story. Ended as it should have.
^^^ This. ^^^
Jan 06, 2013, 10:37 PM
Don't look at me like that....
Yet the OP title didn't elude to an " Armed Officer shooting a gunman" but made it out to be just an armed civilian.
Jan 06, 2013, 10:55 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
So? We've been told before armed guards are a bad idea, which is demonstrably false, but really it doesn't matter what the thread title is. It's easy enough to click and read.
Jan 06, 2013, 11:06 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
I went to school at USC which was in the middle of South Central Los Angeles ... our school police force were all armed ... and for good reason.
Jan 06, 2013, 11:21 PM
Suspended Account
It will still cost someone about $80k in legal fees, on average in Ca. From what I hear.

The right to defend yourself and others is expensive. Soon, it could be illegal.
Jan 07, 2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
Rockhurst University security officer fatally shoots man

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
A man is dead after being shot Thursday afternoon by a Rockhurst University security officer.

The shooting occurred about 3 p.m. following a wreck in the area of 51st Street and Troost Avenue.

The man killed allegedly tried to carjack someone following a minor crash involving his vehicle and a second vehicle. He was rushed to the hospital where he died from his injuries.

Witnesses told police hat the man started waving his handgun at bystanders and even chased a doctor who was in the area and offered his assistance initially following the crash.

The security officer responded to the scene after learning about the crash. The officer fired his weapon once after the man pointed the gun at him, according to Kansas City police.

Rockhurst's security force is armed, according to their website.

Wait a second, what is an armed security guard doing at a place of learning?!?

I thought those NRA guys were crazy and schools should remain gun free!!!!111
Jan 07, 2013, 10:02 AM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
They say that the death of any man diminishes us all. Fortunately the decedent in this case was not a man, but a dangerous animal. This is, of course, only my opinion.
Jan 07, 2013, 10:12 AM
foamie re-cycler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
Yet the OP title didn't elude to an " Armed Officer shooting a gunman" but made it out to be just an armed civilian.
..a security guard is just an armed civilian...
Last edited by daddiozz; Jan 07, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
Jan 07, 2013, 10:14 AM
St. Boondock
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo................

U guys gots it all wrong!!!

Jan 07, 2013, 10:19 AM
Seriously?
Looks like America will have more people with guns now too.

http://www.studentnewsie.com/gun-sal...p-by-39-15000/

Gun Sales Soaring: FBI Background Checks Up By 39%
Jan 07, 2013, 10:29 AM
St. Boondock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Looks like America will have more people with guns now too.

http://www.studentnewsie.com/gun-sal...p-by-39-15000/

Gun Sales Soaring: FBI Background Checks Up By 39%
I was at the LGS again on saturday. I've never seen anything like it. There's not an evil black rifle anywhere. Racks are empty. Lots of good deals on handguns due to the increased traffic and the market being so strong. They are not afraid to order inventory right now.................on what they can get.

Quick Reply