Jan 06, 2013, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Naza barometer problems

Anyone had this happen?

I recently purchased a new Naza FC and GPS. This is my third Naza so I have some experience with the programming and flight characteristics of this FC. During my first open area test flight the FC performed very well over asphalt at my local flying field. I then maneuvered over a large field, still basically at a hover, only to observe as the quad shot straight up uncontrollably. I was able to recover and bring it back down to a low hover but it kept wanting to shoot back up.

After landing and a reset I again maintained a low hovered over the asphalt with no issues. I then again flew toward the open field, it had rained the day before. Above the field the quad kept wanting to shoot up over and over but I was able to land again.

The following week I flew in front of my house and it flew perfectly over the asphalt street in front and then just as well over my front yard. Wanting to see if I could reproduce the problem to be certain, I watered my lawn for two minutes and resumed flight. Again it flew well over the street but when I maneuvered over the now wet lawn it shot up as before.

I have two other multi rotor aircraft that run a Naza FC without any issues but they are running fimware version 1.8 as apposed to 2.0 in the new FC. I attempted to revert to 1.8 to see if the problem would desist but was unable to figure out how to do so.

At this point I assume I have received an FC with a bad barometer, or whatever Naza uses to altitude hold , but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this problem and a possible fix. Also, if anyone knows how to "downgrade" firmware to previous versions just so I can rule it out as the problem I'd love to hear how.

John-
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2013, 12:37 PM
we dont NEED roads!
I have heard of the NAZA being light sensative.

Can't remember what side the baro is on, but people cover that side with electrical tape to shade the baro and keep it from acting wierd.

Might be something to try.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
I will probably add the tape just to be certain but it's just funny how it only acts up when there is a change in humidity.

John-
Aug 11, 2013, 03:18 AM
Opened Naza M Lite to see if something was done regarding barometer + light problem. Happy to see that they mounted U shape cover:
Nov 16, 2013, 02:43 PM
RC pilot by soul
Im having a problem with Naza-M and it IS covered in black tape on both sides - i think i have a faulty barometer:

naza baro problem (2 min 15 sec)
Dec 01, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm
Im having a problem with Naza-M and it IS covered in black tape on both sides - i think i have a faulty barometer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcfS...ature=youtu.be

I've been flying my F550 w/NAZA M/GPS for well over a year virtually trouble free, but recently developed the same flight issue

Here's a short video I made yesterday.

DJI F550 NAZA/GPS Flight Issue (Random Drift and Altitude Drop) (2 min 17 sec)

Take note of 1:38

I have the sticks centered until it touches down on its own at the end of the video.

I've already tried the tape mod with no change.

I've also held down the frame while moving the throttle stick up between 80-100% and moved the right stick around in all directions.

Each motor appeared to do exactly what they should have, so I doubt it's a motor/ESC issue.

I'm thinking the internal baro just randomly took a dump, but I'm open to all suggestions
Dec 01, 2013, 04:19 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Forget about the naza... who's FJ80 is that!!?? Wow, sick rig!
Dec 01, 2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
Forget about the naza... who's FJ80 is that!!?? Wow, sick rig!

That's my baby

97 factory locked with 341,xxx miles

Takes me anywhere and everywhere I wanna go
Dec 01, 2013, 04:55 PM
we dont NEED roads!
I love it. Rear swing out tire carrier too... very nice.

I have a '94, open/open but it has cloth seats 33's and a small body lift right now. Had I never gotten into quadcopters, I would have lockers and real suspension by now.

Maybe one day.
Dec 01, 2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
I love it. Rear swing out tire carrier too... very nice.

I have a '94, open/open but it has cloth seats 33's and a small body lift right now. Had I never gotten into quadcopters, I would have lockers and real suspension by now.

Maybe one day.

Dual swing outs (tire/beer cooler)
35" D-Tracs
Front/Rear hidden winches
full custom rack with OBA and 1300 watts of lighting
Multi-camera surveillance system running 24/7
Everything covered in 2-tone bedliner
Dec 01, 2013, 09:49 PM
Video from earlier today:

DJI NAZA Unstable Flight (Barometer issue??) (8 min 15 sec)

As you can see, it's not very stable, the controls are a bit twitchy, but worst of all the altitude goes up and down randomly

Compare it to this video just a few weeks ago where it was stable and held rock solid even in high wind

DJI F550 w/NAZA GPS test flight in high wind (7 min 49 sec)

Quick Reply