WLtoys V912 4-Channel Fixed Pitch Helicopter Mini-Review - Page 10 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2013, 07:51 PM
Registered User
The helo is coming! The helo is coming!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2013, 01:11 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase
It's nice to see that you can fly your v911s with the v912 transmitter.
Can someone confirm that the high/low rate switch works also?

I'm thinking of picking up a v912, use the tx for my v911s (since it seems nicer), and give one of my v911s plus the old v911 tx to my nephew.
Following up, the high low rates work fine for the v911 using the tx. It really is much nicer and I think I will be using it for all my v911 flights now.
Jan 24, 2013, 10:10 AM
Registered User
Thank you for confirming that, SmileyChris.
That is good news, and now I have something that will justify my purchase of a v912
Jan 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar

spare batteries


Thinking about pulling the trigger on a V912 but since there's only one battery included I'd need to get a few more (and no doubt a few spare parts ).

Anyone have any experience on that side of things yet?

Cheers
Tigg
Jan 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
Registered User
asanovrus's Avatar
I think this heli is still on approbation period as nobody reported of overheated motor or broken blades etc. Or is it that good that nobody had any problems? MJX F45 has 400pages with tons of info about problems/solutions is this thread just too young or is the real indestructible is v912?
Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
With a brushed motors they will overheat and burn out its just a matter if how long.
Jan 24, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo

912 arrival


Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
I think this heli is still on approbation period as nobody reported of overheated motor or broken blades etc. Or is it that good that nobody had any problems? MJX F45 has 400pages with tons of info about problems/solutions is this thread just too young or is the real indestructible is v912?
my 912 came today from tmart, tx right stick broken right in the box. no sign of any impact on the box. the pivot point was cracked off on the elevator gimbal. so rather than causing a ruckess I took apart the tx (forbidden) and was able to make a new part in my shop while the batt was charging. wow the tx is soldered together with some spit and a prayer waiting for cold solder problems world wide. the canopy is a bear to get off , and if you look at the rx board the same guy soldered that also. the copter looks kind of sturdy but I think after a few crashes the board connections will begin to come apart..I'd be surprised if not. just my opinion.

very sad to have the tx arrive borken .
dark and windy out now and I don't want to bash around in the little house.
tonytester.
Jan 24, 2013, 08:59 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Sucks to hear.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:01 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
my 912 came today from tmart, tx right stick broken right in the box. no sign of any impact on the box. the pivot point was cracked off on the elevator gimbal. so rather than causing a ruckess I took apart the tx (forbidden) and was able to make a new part in my shop while the batt was charging. wow the tx is soldered together with some spit and a prayer waiting for cold solder problems world wide. the canopy is a bear to get off , and if you look at the rx board the same guy soldered that also. the copter looks kind of sturdy but I think after a few crashes the board connections will begin to come apart..I'd be surprised if not. just my opinion.

very sad to have the tx arrive borken .
dark and windy out now and I don't want to bash around in the little house.
tonytester.
Thanks for the info tony. Sorry to hear it, but glad you have a workshop and can sort that kind of schitt out. Think I'll take my finger back off the trigger and stick with my V911s and F45s in the meantime

Fin
Jan 25, 2013, 12:51 PM
Registered User
This bird is tough!

So far I have crashed into a stone wall with only a very slightly bent fly-bar (almost didn’t notice it) and yesterday, I was doing some fast, high flying in a relatively open area, but unfortunately got to close to the tree line, and managed to hang her in a tree about 35 feet up. I was flying fast and down wind, when I realized that I wasn’t going to make the turn so I cut the power or it would have been even higher up in the tree. It was almost dark and I was not organized with anything to attempt a recovery. Late last night before hitting the sack I looked one last time and the light was still shining brightly. The light was so bright it looked like a big star. I was concerned that flight No. 14 might have been her last flight.

With the help of a friend, ladder, and long pole with a hook, she was recovered this morning. I am sure the battery was near total discharge, but amazingly it took a charge. After a couple of hours rest, I took her out for a test. My weather station was indicating a 9 mph. wind with gust and as I was flying in my yard with lots of helicopter magnets (big trees) I kept her fairly low and enjoyed a docile and uneventful 5 minute flight. She flew fine and showed no ill effects from all my abuse. It will be interesting to see how long this battery last after this episode.

Cheers,

Jim
Jan 25, 2013, 05:40 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup
This bird is tough!

So far I have crashed into a stone wall with only a very slightly bent fly-bar (almost didn’t notice it) and yesterday, I was doing some fast, high flying in a relatively open area, but unfortunately got to close to the tree line, and managed to hang her in a tree about 35 feet up. I was flying fast and down wind, when I realized that I wasn’t going to make the turn so I cut the power or it would have been even higher up in the tree. It was almost dark and I was not organized with anything to attempt a recovery. Late last night before hitting the sack I looked one last time and the light was still shining brightly. The light was so bright it looked like a big star. I was concerned that flight No. 14 might have been her last flight.

With the help of a friend, ladder, and long pole with a hook, she was recovered this morning. I am sure the battery was near total discharge, but amazingly it took a charge. After a couple of hours rest, I took her out for a test. My weather station was indicating a 9 mph. wind with gust and as I was flying in my yard with lots of helicopter magnets (big trees) I kept her fairly low and enjoyed a docile and uneventful 5 minute flight. She flew fine and showed no ill effects from all my abuse. It will be interesting to see how long this battery last after this episode.

Cheers,

Jim
agree I flew in the house today a few flights to mechanically trim..I bashed the blades into a wood chair hit the wall and hit the tail hard on the table leg.
all this was really hard yet nothing broke. this bird is stable .
more later company is over
Jan 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Post videos guys
Jan 25, 2013, 06:57 PM
Registered User
tracker1955's Avatar
X2 need video
Jan 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955
X2 need video
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID
Post videos guys
common guys use your imagination, here is the sound track, crash!!! bang !!! bash
whine1!!! gears whining blades hitting tail banging. finnallly it hits the ground.opcor n:
Jan 25, 2013, 09:08 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
Lmfao


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review The Walkera SUPER FP review (4 Channel Flybarless fixed pitch helicopter) jameschen072 Micro Helis 475 Mar 14, 2016 10:33 AM
Mini-Review WLtoys V922 6-Channel CP Flybarless Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 8315 Jan 29, 2016 10:21 PM
Discussion WLToys V912/NEX helicopter jameschen072 Micro Helis 41 Jan 27, 2015 11:17 AM
Sold Two (2) Nine Eagles Solo Pro V 4-Channel Fixed Pitch 45° Flybar Coaxial RTF Helis ShaneXman Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Mar 09, 2012 11:23 AM