Thread Tools
Feb 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
Jesper Frickmann
jfrickmann's Avatar
I look forward to seeing it in the air!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2013, 07:19 AM
MMR
MMR
Martian
Got the first of 4 wing panels bagged last night - if all goes well, I should be done bagging this week and moving on to sanding, covering and radio install.
Still not sure about the v-tail attachment to the boom.

Martin
Feb 16, 2013, 07:53 AM
Registered User
We are just 1 month away from this BIG Event. Great food even better flying so enter today for a great weekend of flying with the D.E.S.S. Soaring club.
Feb 24, 2013, 11:30 AM
Registered User
John Lueke's Avatar
I plan to make it this year if weather looks good. To far to drive if weather is questionable. Should make it to the field by noon on Friday. ALES fleet is in the picture below. I have a couple more that aren't shown. So if I have room to bring those also, I could fly a different plane in each round.
Feb 24, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User

Fri practice


John & anybody else,

I will be on the field early Fri to set up and practice. The field will be open to flying whatever you bring.

Dick
Feb 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
Oleg Golovidov
olgol's Avatar
John, that's a great looking fleet of electric models! wow

We are at 14 pilots currently, assuming everybody shows up. We would love to have more pilots, but this will do great for 2 groups of 7 pilots. We can do a whole lot of flying, eating, BSing, etc.

Register here if you are still thinking of coming http://olgol.com/ECALESF/
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Feb 24, 2013, 06:38 PM
Registered User
John Lueke's Avatar
Done!
Feb 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
MMR
MMR
Martian
John,
hope you can make it - I used to live in Dayton - moved to NC just as I was re-entering the hobby.

Martin
Feb 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
Registered User
John Lueke's Avatar
Martin

Did you fly sailplanes with any of the Dayton area clubs? I plan to be there come "hell or high gas prices". Actually I am just "down the road" from the contest site as I type this: sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting for a flight to Phoenix. I started working on some of the Dayton guys in November to see if I could anyone else to come with me, but it didn't work out.
Feb 26, 2013, 03:43 PM
Registered User
Oleg,

I'm seriously considering making the trip down. Where is the best place to stay that is a reasonable distance (10 miles or so) from the field?

I'm guessing it would be about the same driving time for me as it is to Muncie, about 7 1/2 to 8 hours. I'm just west of Harrisburg, PA.

As long as the weather looks decent, I'm planning on the trip.

Thanks,
Dave
Feb 26, 2013, 04:03 PM
Registered User
smoothvirus's Avatar
Registered. Time to prepare the fleet!
Feb 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger View Post
Oleg,

I'm seriously considering making the trip down. Where is the best place to stay that is a reasonable distance (10 miles or so) from the field?

I'm guessing it would be about the same driving time for me as it is to Muncie, about 7 1/2 to 8 hours. I'm just west of Harrisburg, PA.

As long as the weather looks decent, I'm planning on the trip.

Thanks,
Dave
I'm not Oleg, but the list of motels is at the bottom of the Field Info page- link is same as link to register (partway down page 1 of this thread). Just to help you out more I will post it below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...c&ie=UTF8&om=1

The motel labeled "G" on Tarboro St may be the most economic. Several have stayed there, including Denny Maize, in the past.

Let me know if you need more info.

Dick
Feb 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
Registered User
That you, Cyrus? Are you coming to the Polecat in June?

Be good to see you again, maybe I'll see you in NC.

Dave
Feb 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
Registered User
smoothvirus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger View Post
That you, Cyrus? Are you coming to the Polecat in June?

Be good to see you again, maybe I'll see you in NC.

Dave
Yes, it's me and I am planning on being at Polecat as well.
Feb 26, 2013, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DProseus View Post
I'm not Oleg, but the list of motels is at the bottom of the Field Info page- link is same as link to register (partway down page 1 of this thread). Just to help you out more I will post it below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...c&ie=UTF8&om=1

The motel labeled "G" on Tarboro St may be the most economic. Several have stayed there, including Denny Maize, in the past.

Let me know if you need more info.

Dick
Thanks, Dick. I did visit that site and saw some reviews but you know how that goes! Denny, Mike, and I stayed at the Days Inn in Muncie last year and it was acceptable. The price is definitely right.

Thanks again for the info!!

Dave


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest East Coast ALES Festival, 17-18 March 2012, Wilson NC olgol Electric Sailplanes 118 Mar 22, 2012 04:05 PM
Contest East Coast ALES Festival, 17-18 March 2012, Wilson NC olgol Sailplane Events 1 Jan 15, 2012 08:55 AM
Contest East Coast HLG Festival (HLG) - Wilson, NC ROOSWH Hand Launch 5 Feb 03, 2010 11:59 AM