Where to get a small worm gear. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 05, 2013, 10:48 AM
Back in the game.
Question

Where to get a small worm gear.

I normally hang around the micro plane section but my latest bout of insanity has brought me here. I am trying to find gears to be able to make a set of micro electric retractable landing gear for the parkzone Ultra Micro planes (usually about a 16" wing span). Since they are electric I thought this would be the place.

Now, I have found a servo which will be donating all of its electronics and should be just the right size; but I still need to find a source for a worm gear about 1/8-3/16" diameter with a 1-1.5mm hole though the center for an axle, and a few other normal gears of various sizes. I'd prefer them to be nylon if possible.

I have tried google and not much has come up, most of what I find is for industrial purposes.

Does anyone know of any place I can purchase just those parts at a reasonable cost with a minimum order under 50?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 01:30 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
If you hang out in the Micro RTF forum, try the Search this Forum there on the word, retract.

It comes up with 7 threads that may help.