Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Closed Account
Beautiful Day's Flight (6 min 39 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:51 AM
Closed Account
Parkzone Radian @ 1,801 Feet AGL (10 min 21 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by Fig Newton
I was going to say in that last video about a minute or two in that the winds were really blowing. The picture in picture is really cool too. I did that on a radian video from a couple of years ago where we almost lost it.

About 4:30 when you say it's getting pushed back is exactly the thing I had happen the other day that has me looking into spoilers. I got it back by doing like some suggested, pull back and give it full left or right rudder. It worked but I could hear the plane whistling. You definitely go for height!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:37 PM
Closed Account
Yes, whenever I run into the occasional strong winds pushing my planes back, I do one of two things...up-trim the elevator tab so that I get a more nose-down attitude, or, throttle up accordingly to push forward. I love height! Soon, once I'm more comfy with this new replacement DX6i Tx, that HH sent me, I'll be going for a video recording of 3100+ feet...naked-eye only altitude. One other thing, I can't see how spoilers would stop your Radian from being pushed backwards by strong winds??? A precise attitude into the winds,will compensate though. I learned to fly my Radian in high wind conditions, so, I'm pretty much used to dealing with it.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:09 PM
Find More Posts by tullochgorum
Here is a video that I took back a couple of years ago of my Radian in a thermal
Steve.
radian catches a thermal (7 min 55 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:23 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullochgorum View Post
Here is a video that I took back a couple of years ago of my Radian in a thermal
Steve.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lkl...yer_detailpage
The whole while watching your video, I was saying..."head up under that big cloud shadow...head up under that big cloud shadow!" Nice vid!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by tullochgorum
It was up so high I almost lost sight of it a few times that was my first thermal.
Steve.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:25 PM
Closed Account
My new homemade clear canopy!

Parkzone Radian's Homemade Clear Canopy (12 min 49 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by Fig Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha View Post
One other thing, I can't see how spoilers would stop your Radian from being pushed backwards by strong winds???
I plan on using them more to bleed off some speed when pushing the nose over. They will also help when landing. They are variable so I don't have to deploy them fully. I can put in just a little to help take off some lift.