Aug 20, 2013, 05:30 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
As promised.

More details to emerge soon. It's been a long road. Thanks for hanging in there!

RC EYE Xtreme flight video (3 min 44 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2013, 05:41 PM
I like it. Very stable looking quad. I thought those birds were going to grab it at 2:31
Anyone have a price for this yet?
Aug 20, 2013, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
They talked about 120$ RTF i think. 150$ RTF with FPV camera.
Aug 20, 2013, 08:58 PM
Alien WarpSquad
These guys have invested so many man-hours since last fall that it's hard to imagine how they can get a ROI at $120 a copy. I have most of my fingers crossed that they'll be able to do it for that. But that's a lot of aircraft they offer for $120 bucks - and RTF to boot!

Aug 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
Wow that is a great quad! It has the functions of a DJI phantom but micro sized! I'll be picking up one of these for Christmas.
Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Nice video...some is obviously better than none. I suppose at some point I might think about a camera on it...and using altitude hold...but not now. Right now I'm only interested in seeing it rip holes in the sky and I haven't seen that yet.
Aug 21, 2013, 05:07 AM
:)
Good to see it in the air! It looks very stable. I guess we haven't seen too much risky flying as there's not many in existence, Adam probably doesn't want to crash!

A couple of questions...

It looked like it armed by throttle low yaw left - Personally I would prefer the same as multiwii - Arm... throttle low yaw right - Disarm... throttle low yaw left.
Its easier in a crash and no relearning for multiwii.

Second - how does it respond to increased endpoints on the TX? Can we ramp up the rates and get it more and more agile?

Cheers!
Aug 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
It got away...
Dang, holds the go pro, very stable, not a heavy price tag. I think this extreme will add to my collection perfectly !
Aug 21, 2013, 08:40 AM
I'm happy to see the Extreme airborne, she looks to fly pretty well with that FC. (Die deutschen Programm gut!)
Did you remove the landing gear to hotrod her up a bit? and how much weight is saved by doing so? It's actually not a bad idea ... I did the same to my ZX235 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=21 you just have to be mindful of the LiPo and don't come-in for a "Hot" landing.

Ah cool, the KK2 also arms with THR to the lower right and disarms to the lower left.
Aug 21, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog
These guys have invested so many man-hours since last fall that it's hard to imagine how they can get a ROI at $120 a copy. I have most of my fingers crossed that they'll be able to do it for that. But that's a lot of aircraft they offer for $120 bucks - and RTF to boot!

We'll see if they stick with that. With the new Walkera 350s going for $300 on Banggood (bnf, gotta have a radio), complete with a gps it's going to run into a lot of competition if they let the price drift higher.

I do like what I see on the video though, it looks like it flys bigger than it is, if that makes any sense.
Aug 21, 2013, 09:19 AM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2
Dang, holds the go pro, very stable, not a heavy price tag. I think this extreme will add to my collection perfectly !
Yup. Also, the low price coupled with a decent payload ability should see a rush of high adrenaline videos instead of the standard drifting around people do due to high prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra
I do like what I see on the video though, it looks like it flys bigger than it is, if that makes any sense.
Definitely a lot of bang for your buck!
Aug 21, 2013, 07:45 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
I've watched the last half of the vid 17 more times...I'm liking the flight shown more and more...it's just that my palms get sweaty and my thumbs start twitchin and I wanna see it screamin around like I hope it can...
Aug 21, 2013, 07:59 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
Good to see it in the air! It looks very stable. I guess we haven't seen too much risky flying as there's not many in existence, Adam probably doesn't want to crash!

A couple of questions...

It looked like it armed by throttle low yaw left - Personally I would prefer the same as multiwii - Arm... throttle low yaw right - Disarm... throttle low yaw left.
Its easier in a crash and no relearning for multiwii.

Second - how does it respond to increased endpoints on the TX? Can we ramp up the rates and get it more and more agile?

Cheers!
I definitely did not want to risk crashing. This baby is a blast to fly

Regarding the arming function - The entire line (Excluding EYE One / S) arm in this same fashion. We have decided to make this a standard in our multi-rotor line. Actually to take it a step further, even out OneLink channel recognition sequence is exactly the same as our larger 450 - 650 multi-rotors.

Regarding the endpoints. Expect the way I flew it to reflect very closely the way it would fly with the STOCK TX in expert mode. Of course turning them up will result in a faster response, and quicker actions.
Aug 21, 2013, 08:01 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Adam- that was a very cool video. I know that the release date is some time in the next month or two, but do we have a price point yet?
Aug 21, 2013, 08:04 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock
I've watched the last half of the vid 17 more times...I'm liking the flight shown more and more...it's just that my palms get sweaty and my thumbs start twitchin and I wanna see it screamin around like I hope it can...
It can, and will. if memory serves me correct you are captain POWER LOOP! Don't worry, your gonna love it! I pushed for that personally based on the input of you and the rest of the community.

I feel it's really important to state that without the drive Chris (MatLi) has put into this project than things would not be even close to where they are.... Cudos to Chris, and the rest of the team behind the scenes working their butts off

And most important - Cheers to you! Our fans and supporters! Without you, non of this would be possible.

Happy flying all!

Adam