Mar 25, 2014, 09:17 PM
Has anyone noticed motor shaft rotation gets stiff after each flight? is this a normal behaviour of the stock motors?

Also, has anyone tried to check if bearings can be replaced on the stock motors?

tia!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2014, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog
That crossed my mind as I was composing my reply. Should'a gone on and made that distinction.

thanks.
thanks guys

so my devo 7 has a traditional trainer port. I just plug the one link in and am good to go?
Mar 25, 2014, 09:47 PM
Had a chance to fly after work today.

Sunset in the park with rc eye one xtreme quadcopter (3 min 5 sec)
Last edited by Dangnamit; Mar 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
Mar 25, 2014, 09:55 PM
Alien WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikelee
thanks guys

so my devo 7 has a traditional trainer port. I just plug the one link in and am good to go?
Here's the distinction I should have made before: My experience has been with the 7E. And since that's the only radio I've ever held in my hands (aside from RTF toys), I don't think I am qualified to offer advice regarding Devo 7.

However, if your 7 works with the OneLink the way OneLink works with my 7E, then "good to go" may be tad optimistic (depending on your definition of 'go').

I don't want to confuse anyone - I am very happy with how my Xtreme flies with my 7E/OneLink setup. It just took me a fair amount of newbie finagling to make it come together. A more experienced hobbyist would likely have required far less effort. I expect you'll find enough support here to get you "good to go".
Mar 25, 2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the help
Mar 25, 2014, 10:10 PM
HX4
HX4
UAS: FA33XLR7CL

Arf v2 1113 has arrived

Arrived home to find a shipping box from RCL. The Arf Xtreme had arrived. Charging up the battery using the OneStation allowed time to balance the props. Quick & easy bind to a stock TX. Time for the 1st "flight". Hovering around the "great" room. Dark and cold (-10*C) outside by the time the battery was charged. Given there is no breeze, thermals or whatever indoors. Still pretty impressively stable quad. You can "sit" this quad in a spot with minimal to no inputs. Will be setting up the Xtreme to fly using the FutabaTX via SBus + FrSky decoder.

The legs do have a bit of flex. Enough to absorb the force of controlled landing. Flexing the arms/booms you can see the energy of the load transferring mostly to the point where they attach to the frame. Plan to add some sort of additional shock absorbing/dissipating something to the landing legs. The unplanned landings tend to be on the hard side. Ask the "Bug" why it's missing the stock landing legs.

Box listed v2 1113. Assuming version 2 firmware and build number 1113?

Xtreme now joins the "Bug"(aka Eye 450) and "Lazarus"(aka OneS) at Hale Quad de Norte.
Last edited by HX4; Mar 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM.
Mar 25, 2014, 10:21 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2
Mr. Picker, I promise you will know the xtreme is like putting a better board and brushless motors on a v959. Makes less noise too!
The Xtreme for sure sure sounds like my cup of tea!
Wish they would get here.
Got a ton of accessories I want to get for it, but I'm not laying down the $ for them until I have the Xtreme in hand.
Mar 25, 2014, 10:49 PM
New FPV distance record with the stock TX: 362 meters says Google Maps.

Of course the distance line makes it look like I was foolish enough to make a B-line across the pond. Ended up skirting around and through the trees.

Great signal there and back with an Immersion RC 600mW VTX, #808-D, 300mAh 2S and SMA clover mounted to the Xtreme Aerial mount (~90 grams). Now to trim that down a bit!
Mar 25, 2014, 11:07 PM
GOT WINGS
That pretty much puts my worries about range with the stock transmitter away. I doubt I can fly LOS more than 500 feet without losing orientation.
Mar 25, 2014, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hak5Darren
New FPV distance record with the stock TX: 362 meters says Google Maps.

Of course the distance line makes it look like I was foolish enough to make a B-line across the pond. Ended up skirting around and through the trees.

Great signal there and back with an Immersion RC 600mW VTX, #808-D, 300mAh 2S and SMA clover mounted to the Xtreme Aerial mount (~90 grams). Now to trim that down a bit!
Impressive,

Thanks for sharing
Mar 25, 2014, 11:36 PM
I challenge anyone to best 362 meters! Stock TX distance shootout!

What I love most about EO(S) and EOX is the compact nature of the entire ecosystem. Not only do the quads pack nicely in a shoulder bag, but the TX and USB-based chargers too. Perfect for world travel!

That said I'd consider a OneLink and less discrete TX if the EOX can in fact go 1600 meters.
Mar 26, 2014, 12:12 AM
Just got my Eye One Extreme today and Ive lost it in a jungle of gum trees!!

My question for the forum is this, say on half a battery charge how long will the leds stay lit for? Im hoping about 4-5 hours as thats how long till it gets dark....

Also is there any way to make the copter itself beep? I tried the turn on and activate the rotors but never heard anything.

I got the thing very high and it seemed to stop responding, if it loses reception what does the copter do? medium throttle till impact or?
Mar 26, 2014, 12:16 AM
Ive never been able to re-initiate the quad after loss.. so far. But that would be a great option
Mar 26, 2014, 12:19 AM
But do the lights stay on....?
I presume they do as long as the battery is plugged in?
Mar 26, 2014, 01:03 AM

Will it lift a Drift Ghost-S camera?

Hi everyone! I'm new here, looking to purchase my first quad.

The quad is supposed to be used mainly for aerial photo and video with Drift Ghost-S action cam. So far RC EYE One Extreme is my favorite, but the big question is the payload.

The cam is quite heavy and I doubt that Eye One will be able to lift it. I've seen the recommended payload of 100g, and the cam weighs in at around 170g.

Has anyone tried to fly with loads like this? Does it make sense or should I forget Eye One and go for something like V262?

Quick Reply