RC EYE One Xtreme (brushless) by RC Logger- Discussion, updates etc. - Page 501 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 25, 2014, 05:08 PM
It got away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancypicker
Thanks much. Whew! That's more like it.
Now if the elusive Xtreme ever makes it to my supplier ...
Mr. Picker, I promise you will know the xtreme is like putting a better board and brushless motors on a v959. Makes less noise too!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger
I am sorry your experience through the support E-mail was unpleasant. As you can imagine we are growing, and expanding. Angus is new with RC Logger, and still learning the intricate art of customer support. We have been looking at every individual case that has been presented, and have not globalized issue's. It is always best to perform a full review before making a decision on how to best support each customer. In your case, we are still discussing internally. (Even though Angrus has made you an offer initially).

I will have more information to you tomorrow.

Regards,

Adam
Thank you. I trust you understand that Angrus' initial offer of 10% off spare parts completely failed to address the core problem - namely the loss of signal between my stock tx and the EOX. To continue purchasing spare parts for a quad that routinely drops out of the sky, through no fault of my own, does not make a lot of sense.

I understand this is a trying time for everyone. I was trying to be respectful by going through RCL's support email instead of broadcasting my issues on the forum. I'm not one for making conjecture or accusations, but I am certain my quad is not functioning properly.

Thanks again, Adam.
Mar 25, 2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travroy
Thank you. I trust you understand that Angrus' initial offer of 10% off spare parts completely failed to address the core problem - namely the loss of signal between my stock tx and the EOX. To continue purchasing spare parts for a quad that routinely drops out of the sky, through no fault of my own, does not make a lot of sense.

I understand this is a trying time for everyone. I was trying to be respectful by going through RCL's support email instead of broadcasting my issues on the forum. I'm not one for making conjecture or accusations, but I am certain my quad is not functioning properly.

Thanks again, Adam.
Please also keep in mind, We have done so much testing before release. Your issue has not been known, nor occurred in the past. I have also made a suggestion to the team that involves replacing your FC, and Tx. Because the unit has been flown, and the issue did not occur immediately (out of the box), we cannot simply replace the unit to you. I believe the recommendation submitted tot the team will be a reasonable one for you as well. In the end though I do not have the ability to make the final call. Let us wait until the review is concluded. You should here back until tomorrow.

I am assuming you have gone over your motor connection with a fine tooth comb correct? Have you gone as far as removing the motors from the booms, and thoroughly inspected the leads? if not, now would be a good time to conduct this procedure. Please get back to me with your findings.

Thanks,

Adam
Mar 25, 2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2
I know I'm under 288. The cam it comes with is like 6 grams?
I'll get scale picture tomorrow!

Either way just flew four fpv flights and had a BLAST! This 250 mw transmitter had good distance! Under trees, around this common area, over parking lot and the garage! .

I need a DVR ASAP!!!!!
6 grams, really? That might do it then, the 808 #16 is about 18 I think. Why not just get an 808? You have plenty of room under the weight limit and while the recording quality isn't the greatest it will still blow away a DVR recording from the FPV feed.
I know some people say you get lag when you FPV with the Mobius or 808 but I honestly haven't noticed it at all with either cam.

Took another flight this afternoon with a little breeze and the wobbles were back big time. I think I'm going to just shelve it until my new main frame gets here, I wouldn't want to have the boom break loose in flight and break a bunch of other stuff. Weather is gonna suck the next couple of days anyway, hopefully the part will be here by the time it's nice enough to fly again. I'm dying to really let loose with this thing but I don't want to push it with the cracked base.
Mar 25, 2014, 05:58 PM
Quote:
EOX owner's manual:

Transmitter range...............................max. 400 ft (~122 m), open field
That's probably a conservative estimate, but still... Just throw a PPM receiver on there and fly it with a full range radio, you should be able to fly it out at least a mile if you want to. Good luck seeing it at that range though unless you're flying FPV
Mar 25, 2014, 06:00 PM
Dirty Side Down.......o~^o
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby
It sure is cold,., its snowing in MD/DC area
Where do you fly? I fly at the Greenbelt State park sometimes...
Battle of Antietam happened less than 200 yards from my front door. The convergence of the mighty Potomac, and the epic Shenandoah are minutes from here... I hail from the tiny spot on the map known as Sharpsburg, MD (I used to work in Beltsville... ran a place called Wearhouse back in the day for a minute)

Quote:
Hi there,

Sorry to hear your introduction here on RC Groups has not been pleasant. This being your first post on the forum, there certainly is a lot of detailed information you have.

[Much obliged... and pay no mind to my moaning about nobody playing with me... just being a drama llama and I was referring to other posts in other parts of the forum. I have a lot of info because I study the hell out of stuff... insomniac and a coffee junkie]

Important to note is that when flying with the stock Tx to keep your pointer finger away from the upper left bumper, I myself have accidentally triggered the autoflip function accidentally in the past. I am not stating this is what you did while you observed the autoflip function, but it is a possibility. Also, please double check to make sure all your motor wire connections are secure. Could also be a bad solder connection when you added the wire extensions to the motors to accommodate the longer arms from the CF frame, so I would suggest inspecting them as well. Another possibility is that your receiving interference due to the carbon fiber frame, and stock Tx. It's unlikely, but should not be ruled out.

[Please reread my previous post- I addressed all wiring possibilities- but I appreciate your advice. As for CF and interference- that is potentially possible- but only in low, mid, and high freqs- not in the 2.4 ranges per se... while it cannot be entirely dismissed, I think everyone who knows about data over wireless would not spend more than a second contemplating that as a possible explanation, but again, thank you. I will concede your point on the accidental button hit- but does that trigger a flip in "sport mode?"]

Did you experience this issue with the Bone Stock non-modded Xtreme?

[I flew it 3 times on beginner mode to balance it, and check it- 1 time outside in 7mph wind for about 3 minutes and stopped as there was snow on the ground and I did not want to risk getting it wet.]

As for your note: We are the most active manufacturer of multi-rotors on this forum, and have been very transparent with our customer base. (Almost too transparent at times). If an issue arises we investigate, and determine cause of action. As previously state by Travroy, you have heavily modified your product and in doing so opened up unknown variables making it virtually impossible for us to analyze your issue, other than the description you have provided. Assisting customers with issue's can only happen if they are presented.

With this stated, I would say we are on.

Please do let us know your findings on your investigation.

Again, welcome

Adam
I will post up again how the next stage of mods and testing go here. I do appreciate the reply, and the commitment to the clients who are engaged (addicted?) in this product- I bought it, and signed on as an early adopter for the form factor- it is, as far as I know, the smallest multi-rotor to be able to effectively carry a gopro- with the aftermarket support from PFG I feel it is a good match for my specific use. I also have a secondary use- the hard mount gopro used at ground level and then launching up makes for a great transitional shot for video from the Harley into the air... as if you are moving from the road to flying... so I truly did get into the Xtreme for a very specific need that my other multi-rotors cannot address as well in my experience.

If I can get solid radio performance from the Rx swap, then I will definitely be looking at building a tiger motor version. I really, really want this flight controller to be like a rock. I am too much into this little quad now... did I mention it is a blast to fly? Very nimble considering how it is set up in it's new config. I cannot imagine how wicked it would be with some badazz motors on it.
Mar 25, 2014, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Please also keep in mind, We have done so much testing before release. Your issue has not been known, nor occurred in the past. I have also made a suggestion to the team that involves replacing your FC, and Tx. Because the unit has been flown, and the issue did not occur immediately (out of the box), we cannot simply replace the unit to you. I believe the recommendation submitted tot the team will be a reasonable one for you as well. In the end though I do not have the ability to make the final call. Let us wait until the review is concluded. You should here back until tomorrow.

I am assuming you have gone over your motor connection with a fine tooth comb correct? Have you gone as far as removing the motors from the booms, and thoroughly inspected the leads? if not, now would be a good time to conduct this procedure. Please get back to me with your findings.

Thanks,

Adam
A replacement FC and tx would be great, Adam. I truly appreciate the effort. I have checked all motor connections ad nauseam, stopping short of tinning the leads because I didn't want to void the warranty. All booms and mounts have been removed, inspected and replaced (including two new motors). Like I indicated in a previous post, there is no death spiral from loose connections; it's a sudden hiccup in flight controls and then complete loss of signal leading to the quad dropping like a rock.
Mar 25, 2014, 07:14 PM
It got away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra
6 grams, really? That might do it then, the 808 #16 is about 18 I think. Why not just get an 808? You have plenty of room under the weight limit and while the recording quality isn't the greatest it will still blow away a DVR recording from the FPV feed.
I know some people say you get lag when you FPV with the Mobius or 808 but I honestly haven't noticed it at all with either cam.

Took another flight this afternoon with a little breeze and the wobbles were back big time. I think I'm going to just shelve it until my new main frame gets here, I wouldn't want to have the boom break loose in flight and break a bunch of other stuff. Weather is gonna suck the next couple of days anyway, hopefully the part will be here by the time it's nice enough to fly again. I'm dying to really let loose with this thing but I don't want to push it with the cracked base.

Yeah, I think we are close in weight just because I use 8th inch think plexi to give me an extension on the back side of the quad for the transmitter and the antenna!

Get the folding frame!!! I got the spyder and I need the folding, its better for fpv!!

That top plate is just what I need to make this set-up less of a magiver set up and more of a legit, solid, fpv one. I must say, a month ago I argued with the blackout mini flyers that my xtreme was even close to theirs. The only reason they won't admit it is because I spent 500+ dollars less to get goggle fpv with the xtreme than they did just to get a quadcopter without a flight controller!! (now those set ups are fire, I'll give them that.)

I started flying in small spaces, like through this large patio around my complex, I crashed a few times! But the xtreme is my new favorite, I think using my own tx is the next step to bringing it to where I want it.

While mine works good, the sliding plexi, and extra battery make it a little bit of a mess and possibly cause problems with flight characteristics.

@cobra, I need to get the 808, and I will.

Only reason I don't is because stock will work for now and I am broke. But I think the better camera will help with that detailed, small space fpv flying.

note for users not flying fpv with xtreme: Get this thing hooked up to some FPV, you will not regret it. I have a huge 20 minute flight quadcopter that is sitting becase of the xtreme .
Mar 25, 2014, 07:16 PM
It got away...
Quote:
A replacement FC and tx would be great, Adam. I truly appreciate the effort. I have checked all motor connections ad nauseam, stopping short of tinning the leads because I didn't want to void the warranty. All booms and mounts have been removed, inspected and replaced (including two new motors). Like I indicated in a previous post, there is no death spiral from loose connections; it's a sudden hiccup in flight controls and then complete loss of signal leading to the quad dropping like a rock.
Thats awesome rc logger is helping you out so much!! A mistake I made was pushing a battery into place while I had the canopy off. Make sure you Always have the canopy on when putting a battery in and just never touch that f/c just to be safe!

I would be flying on the first FC had I not touched it!
Mar 25, 2014, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hak5Darren
TL;DR This is "the one" - ratio of investment to enjoyment is off the charts.

I've flown the EO, EOS, everything in the 150mm range and a bunch in the 350-450 range . This is the perfect balance. The EOX cuts through the air with such authority.

First 10 flights just getting used to its handling. Hover times with stock 138mm props and 800 / 1150 mAh packs around ~8 and ~12 minutes respectively.

Loaded with FPV gear (85 grams), 138mm props and 1150 mAh battery and its feeling mushy. Ordered VTX lead from RC-Connectors - hopefully will be able to trim 30 or so grams off the 2S FPV batt. Got a respectable 8 minutes however. On par with Phantom 1!

No problems at 100 FT even with 8 MPH winds.

Ordered 2 EOX and a Phoenix Flight Gear Xtreme Carbon Spyder Folding Frame from RC-Drones. Will build soon. Wishing I had ordered the Tiger Motor Edition but wasn't sure which specific T motors & props to get. Tony, perhaps a combo pack?

Only problem so far is one of the 1150 mAh batteries I ordered puffed up after its first use. No dings, didn't crash.

Has this happened to anyone else? I take great care of my batteries keeping them in lipo bags. None of my 10 EO(S) batteries have had this issue - only the cheap blue Hubsan X4 1S.

My hope is that with the versatility of USB charging, small TX and folding frame (thanks Tony) this can be the ultimate lightweight travel-around-the-world FPV quad.
Happened to me on the batteries first flight. About 3 1/2 minutes into the flight the xtreme dropped from the air with no power. Hasn't happened since with any of my other batteries.
Mar 25, 2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a JR radio with the Spectrum module, can anyone suggest a PPM 2.4 ghz receiver to use for the extream

Thanks
Mar 25, 2014, 09:47 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHochstein
Hi Guys,

I have a JR radio with the Spectrum module, can anyone suggest a PPM 2.4 ghz receiver to use for the extream

Thanks
Is the Spektrum module DSM2?

If so you could order it from Johnnymeg, a member here, or Massive Overkill, also a member. They both sell a Lemon 6 channel DSM2/PPM rx.
Last edited by LcJ; Mar 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM.
Mar 25, 2014, 10:03 PM
Yes it is
Im just confused as to what I can use for the extream.

I always use Spektrum receivers with my models but will they work for this application?

The instructions say a dedicated ppm receiver
Mar 25, 2014, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Yes it is

I always use Spektrum receivers with my models but will they work for this application?

This is what you need.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...-ppm-uart.html
Mar 25, 2014, 10:11 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Quote:
Yes it is

Don't believe that have any that give PPM output. But I'm no expert. Monkey see, monkey do. I've seen people here use the Lemon to success and because they did, I had success also. But you pay your nickel to find out for sure. The Lemon RX can be used as a DSM2 rx or as a PPM rx, your choice.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad