Dec 14, 2019, 07:02 AM
Maybe in Texas the winters aren't as bad as here, but I'm stuck inside for a good 7 months of the year. If cold isn't a problem, wind certainly is. Do you have a quad you fly indoors? I've seen and read about 65 mm sizes, but the complaint is that the motor shafts are so small ( 1 mm) that the shafts snap when trying to change props. I'd like to stick with a DSMX/DSM2 receiver in it. The problem is what size is OK for inside and how fast is too fast?
My Extreme is on a poly frame too. Mine is from RC-Drones (Z06Tony). I'm still using the ValueHobby 1300 mah batteries many of us jumped on.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 09:47 AM
GOT WINGS
I used to fly little brushed motor quads indoors but I haven't done that in a few years. Only fly my brushless RC now, and my smallest quad is a 90mm GoolRC G90.

Average high temperature here right now is in the 50s F. I usually wait until the temp is up close to 50'F before I go out, and also wait for days with winds below 10mph. Still am able to fly at least one day a week usually. Been learning to fly RC planes lately.

My poly frames are from picnicquads, I actually helped him develop them. So they have motor mounts for the original Xtreme motors. I tried other motors, but went back to the original motors, saved a lot of weight that way.
Latest blog entry: Beginner RC Plane Pilot
Dec 14, 2019, 03:18 PM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I used to fly little brushed motor quads indoors but I haven't done that in a few years. Only fly my brushless RC now, and my smallest quad is a 90mm GoolRC G90.

Average high temperature here right now is in the 50s F. I usually wait until the temp is up close to 50'F before I go out, and also wait for days with winds below 10mph. Still am able to fly at least one day a week usually. Been learning to fly RC planes lately.

My poly frames are from picnicquads, I actually helped him develop them. So they have motor mounts for the original Xtreme motors. I tried other motors, but went back to the original motors, saved a lot of weight that way.
Great to hear you are still flying this quad. Mine has been in storage and if or when I decide to fly it I will need a few batteries. I have bookmarked a link from a previous post for that reason, but things change pretty doggone fast so hopefully that link will still be there in the future.
Dec 14, 2019, 05:13 PM
GOT WINGS
I forgot to mention in my last post that I used Value Hobby 1300mah batteries to fly my Xtremes. Still have some of those batteries and they have held up well.
Dec 14, 2019, 09:36 PM
+1 on the batteries and it's almost 7 years since I bought mine!!
Dec 19, 2019, 05:56 PM
GOT WINGS
I ordered the Drone Art Xtreme V2 on the 13th and received it today. Very well packaged. Nice looking quad. I took it out but did not completely unpack it, may wrap it as a Christmas present for myself. Did check the batteries, they look good and are near storage charge. Not bad at all for about $50US shipped.
Dec 19, 2019, 06:32 PM
Remember, when you open it, you have to be surprised!!
Dec 27, 2019, 02:59 PM
GOT WINGS
Man, was I surprised!
I opened my Xtreme V2 on Christmas, charged the batteries, and tried it out for one flight. Very nice packaging, nice quad, and everything there except for an SD memory card, I had read that SD was included. Didn't really study the directions enough to know how to change the flight modes or what the flight modes are, so I only flew it in mode 1 beginner. Very slow and barely enough tilt to handle the 5 to 10 mph wind I was flying in. Later I remembered that the first Xtreme also had a very sluggish beginner mode 1 that would only be useful to a total beginner. Also noticed it takes a long time to charge the battery, even with two Ipad wall worts hooked up, and I am not sure why they didn't make it where one could charge the transmitter battery at the same time.
Day after Christmas I flew it again, this time in mode 2, and it is a much better flier with more response to stick movements. Since then, I decided to do a couple of modifications, I changed the color of the red canopy and props guards, and I added a little length to the sticks. I have never really liked thumb pads.
Name: zeoxv2green.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 585.2 KB
Description: Name: zeov2txstk.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 339.3 KB
Description:
Dec 27, 2019, 09:20 PM
I never really paid attention to this version because it was higher in price. Are there many differences or advantages? Does it take a proprietary battery that the first Extreme's battery adapter to JST can handle?
Dec 28, 2019, 06:27 AM
GOT WINGS
Does take a proprietary battery, but different from the first Xtreme. Might not be too hard to add a plug such as a JST or XT30.
Name: zeoxv2int.jpg
Views: 11
Size: 568.9 KB
Description:
Dec 28, 2019, 07:50 PM
GOT WINGS
Like I said before, I am not impressed with the charger. So today I decided to make an adapter so I can use my computerized chargers to charge the battery and also bring it to storage charge. Fairly easy if you have the spade connectors. Worked well to put it at storage charge. I could also use these type of connectors(but female) to make an adapter so I could use other batteries to fly the quad. I think I could probably make a 3S adapter
Name: zxv2batadpt.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 1.06 MB
Description: Name: zxv2bataspt2.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 1.05 MB
Description:
Jan 17, 2020, 02:29 PM
After binding my One Eye Xtreme, the motors turn on, but only run for a few seconds. It takes several re-binds before they turn on again, but they shut off again after a few seconds. Any suggestions how to fix it?
Jan 18, 2020, 10:24 AM
USAF Vet Senior Member
Check and tighten motor wires at the control board. Check for wires fraying to only a few strands. Mine has done that several times an the fix was to tin the wires and reinstall into the power strips.
Good luck!

Quick Reply