RC EYE One Xtreme (brushless) by RC Logger- Discussion, updates etc. - Page 1535 - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2017, 10:01 AM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
I believe there will be a thread coming rather soon.

Thanks for being one of the first to order Jim. We really appreciate it.
Hi Jamie
You know I had to

cheers

Jim Z
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2017, 01:17 PM
Joe 6-pack
My FCB is wonky and goes crazy after going up in the air. I haven't flown since February where it had suddenly went crazy and dropped from the sky. I attributed it to very cold weather. Now it is very warm. I read somewhere that using a lemon receiver and a better radio makes it more controllable. I have had this since the early days and I like the basic radio but I would like to try a lemon RX. The FCB are too darn expensive and support is gone. I though about selling it a couple of times but there are no posts in the For Sale section except mine which is about a year ago. It starts and goes up but after being up in the sky is doesn't react to the radio and goes wonky until it drops. I'm really sure the FCB is bad and another receiver and radio won't help.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:06 PM
the people squad
I would be surprised if the issue was related to the receiver. I often found with my eox that the main power connector would be the culprit for this sort of behaviour. You might want to reflow some solder around where the pins is go into the board, and maybe tweak the pins a bit to. I twisted each pin around its axis a tiny bit and this seemed to do the trick for me. Possibly worth you giving this a go too.
If you cant get it to work, I'd be interested in your fcb to have as a spare
Jul 08, 2017, 10:54 PM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
I would be surprised if the issue was related to the receiver. I often found with my eox that the main power connector would be the culprit for this sort of behaviour. You might want to reflow some solder around where the pins is go into the board, and maybe tweak the pins a bit to. I twisted each pin around its axis a tiny bit and this seemed to do the trick for me. Possibly worth you giving this a go too.
If you cant get it to work, I'd be interested in your fcb to have as a spare

Great ...

I checked my transmitter's battery and they were good. I'll look into the pins and solder joints. If I sell it I want to get rid of everything as I just bought two more quads.
Jul 11, 2017, 11:55 AM
Joe 6-pack
I now have two FCB boards that don't work. All the solder joints for the power are nice bright and shiny so don't see a need to re-solder them. I have gone over a lot of posts and some point to the stock radio as being a problem. I have noticed in the past that doing flips can make the quad go wonky but as soon as i land and unplug and plug the battery back in it flies okay. I'm haven't used the altitude hold much as it seems really useless and practical. That leaves me to the radio. I'm now wondering if I installed a lemon RX and used my Spektrum radio to control the quad then maybe it will fly again. Sixty dollars is too much to have to pay for a FCB when I just bought a Tarantula X6 for $54 complete.
Jul 11, 2017, 03:31 PM
Just make sure where you mount the lemon is in a spot where it can't be deflected and take out both the FC and the lemon. Ask me how I know = $$$$$$$$$$$.
Jul 12, 2017, 12:31 AM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Just make sure where you mount the lemon is in a spot where it can't be deflected and take out both the FC and the lemon. Ask me how I know = $$$$$$$$$$$.
I haven't flown it for a while ut remember reading threads about the lemon installation. First off I have a wonky flyer. I sprayed the FCB with electronic cleaner and checked the solder joints. Installing a Lemon is last resort to get it flying. I's sell it but there doesn't seem to be no interest in this quad anymore. Can you post a pic of where you mounted it. I'm going to try and fly it with the stock controller tomorrow and if it works then I'll leave it that way and save the Lemon for another quad. I like the toy radio since it is small and I have flown it FPV and have gotten good range out of it but now I am just trouble shooting.
Jul 12, 2017, 07:20 AM
In this pic, it's mounted to the underside of my top plate on the left. Somehow, in a minor crash, the lemon touched the FC and wiped both out. I now have a static free piece of foam between the two.
Jul 12, 2017, 12:41 PM
Joe 6-pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
In this pic, it's mounted to the underside of my top plate on the left. Somehow, in a minor crash, the lemon touched the FC and wiped both out. I now have a static free piece of foam between the two.
Thanks. When you are ordering from China you have a lot of extra time to consider things.

I have never found out where the antenna is or if it has one. This FCB is proprietary and I haven't seen too many posts troubleshooting it that I can remember. If they dropped the price for them then I would simply purchase another since I am not an electrical engineer.
Jul 12, 2017, 01:47 PM
Joe 6-pack
It was the trims on the radio that was the culprit. They went to one side or the other all by themselves. I got them centered and it is flyable. The flips are a problem and I guess you have to unplug the battery for a few minutes. Hey I have time to reply to this thread.
Jul 12, 2017, 02:12 PM
Joe 6-pack
Oh by the way the stock radio changed the trims again. I will definitely install a Lemon Rx. I haven't gone through three batteries and I get these gremlins.
Jul 12, 2017, 07:26 PM
When this first came out, there were fly- aways and all kinds of great stuff that seemed to point toward the stock transmitters, but it was poo poo'd as not the problem.
Getting back to your original idea, why in the world haven't they lowered the price of a spare board when they haven't sold one in 3 years?!! There was a point in time when they offered a two-fer sale to get rid of these and they can't sell you a board for cheap?
Jul 12, 2017, 08:28 PM
Joe 6-pack
You know they have engineers to design this. They used to follow this thread, but now its in our hands to support this quad. It is getting frustrating to say the least. Now if it gets goofy I will look at my transmitter too. I won't do hover or flips since that seems to make problems. I have the Lemon I ordered earmarked for another quad, so I will put up with the stock transmitter for now.
Jul 13, 2017, 07:01 AM
When the lemon comes in, you can at least try adding it to see if it behaves any better.
Jul 13, 2017, 12:34 PM
SEMPER FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages
You know they have engineers to design this. They used to follow this thread, but now its in our hands to support this quad. It is getting frustrating to say the least. Now if it gets goofy I will look at my transmitter too. I won't do hover or flips since that seems to make problems. I have the Lemon I ordered earmarked for another quad, so I will put up with the stock transmitter for now.
Yes, but we have to realize that those engineers and developers are busy working on the new and improved V2 Xtreme along with other products I am sure. The V1 is a pretty old platform now, so it would be foolish for a company to go back and dump more money into R&D for a FCB that is being discontinued. It would make no sense for them to spend any more money on the V1 imo.

That being said, I too wish the V1 EOX FCB's would be much cheaper... and who knows maybe after the V2 is launched there may be a lower price. I actually picked up a ARF V1 EOX a few months ago from Tony at RCDrones, it was only 80 bucks if I remember correctly. Fly's great with my stock TX also.

What we fail to sometimes realize is these are electronics in the end, so after you crash it into your yard, the street etc several times...things break and it is not the company's fault a FCB goes wonky after a crash, that happens to a lot of quads, some more than others but things happen after crashes that you can't explain.

Now it is a completely different story if you have a faulty FCB on a newly purchased EOX, but in that case RCL has always warrantied new products. So an email and ticket would fix that. I specifically had this happen once with an EOX V1, they kindly sent me a new FCB under warranty without issues. I would jump on buying a few FCB's if they ever do come down in price.